We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need accommodation for 8 adults from Apr1 -Apr 7th -HELP!!!

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
1 post
Save Topic
Need accommodation for 8 adults from Apr1 -Apr 7th -HELP!!!

I'm so confused! We are looking for a hotel, condo, etc. to accommodate my husband, myself, and 6 others (adult children and significant others). Our oldest son is getting married Apr. 4th. so this will be a wedding, vacation combination trip for us.

We want to be either on the strip or within walking distance. We will have a car, but don't want to have to use it if we can avoid it.

Which is better? A hotel or condo. When I look at hotel rates, they are littered with all kind of "extra" fees. Extra person, 12% tax, resort tax, etc. Is the same true for condos? We want something nice, but since we will be footing the bill, we have to be cautious of those hidden costs.

We would like to have a heated pool if possible,, at least 2 bedrooms and 2 - 3 bathrooms. Is it possible to get something nice for under $200 per night? Any help would REALLY be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mother of the groom

South Carolina
Level Contributor
3,107 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need accommodation for 8 adults from Apr1 -Apr 7th -HELP!!!

Try the Signature at MGM - you get to use all the facilities of MGM and they have their own pool - it may not be open that early though

http://www.signaturemgmgrand.com/

If you can avoid the weekend, the price will be much lower.

The Signature is non-smoking

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,388 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need accommodation for 8 adults from Apr1 -Apr 7th -HELP!!!

How many rooms? Is being in the same room (probably 2 rooms) more important than total price? Las Vegas hotel rooms will be relatively cheap with the exception of Friday night. It is almost certainly cheaper to get 3 seperate rooms than one suite large enough for your party.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need accommodation for 8 adults from Apr1 -Apr 7th -HELP!!!

Another option might be Desert Rose Resort (?). I have visited their website several times & it looks to be a nice place. I don't think it is too far of a walk off strip but you are at the south end near MGM area.

You will avoid Resort Fees if you book a CET (Caesars family) property. All MGM (mLife) properties will have a resort fee.

I would seriously be looking at separate rooms with that size group also.

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need accommodation for 8 adults from Apr1 -Apr 7th -HELP!!!

Sounds like four couples. I'd get four rooms somewhere. Pool weather will be marginal at the beginning of April. Maybe be possible to use the pool, might not. More likely it won't, so I don't think that should be your first priority.

Caesar's hotels don't have resort fees, MGM hotels do. Caesars includes Planet Hollywood, Paris, Ballys, Bills, Flamingo, Imperial Palace, Harrahs, and Caesars. You might get something at Imperial Palace for under $50 a night.

All hotels, and I think, all condos will charge you the taxes. If you want wifi at the non-resort fee hotels, they will charge you for that. That will be little less than the resort fee, but only a little.

Orleans and Gold cost might fit your budget and are near the strip. They have a shuttle you can use for free. They do have a resort fee, but its small. $6 IIRC.

Most hotels have extra person charges if more than two people in a room.

New York City
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need accommodation for 8 adults from Apr1 -Apr 7th -HELP!!!

$200 per night total? 8 adults?

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,578 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Need accommodation for 8 adults from Apr1 -Apr 7th -HELP!!!

I think it will help if you clarify $200 total for all 8 or per couple. that will make a big difference in what recommendations you get. that's aid I can't think of anywhere you will get a 2 bedroom, 3 bath suite for less than $200, though the condo properties will come closer to that than the resort hotels

victoria bc canada
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Need accommodation for 8 adults from Apr1 -Apr 7th -HELP!!!

VRBO.com is a place you might check for rentals accomodating that many people.

I have used this website often with great success,but not in Vegas

Edited: 05 February 2012, 19:51
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Need accommodation for 8 adults from Apr1 -Apr 7th -HELP!!!

There are over 16,000 vacant homes in Las Vegas, surely someone will rent you theirs for cheap, hopefully with furniture, electricity, etc. We used VBRO before and works well, sometimes surprised though by rock hard foam rubber beds, so go with listings that have the most & best reviews.

Being on the strip will cost double what you can pay it looks like, at least.

If have a car, say use it. Here's a sample listing of one that could work - south of strip better than north. I bet even negotiating price is possible too these days.

http://www.vrbo.com/21880

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
28 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need accommodation for 8 adults from Apr1 -Apr 7th -HELP!!!

Check Home Away.com. You can find homes/apartments for rent and cheap. Some are even in some very high end hotels with private residences on the top floors.

vancouver
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Need accommodation for 8 adults from Apr1 -Apr 7th -HELP!!!

I also suggest the Signature you could get adjoining suites one a studio which could sleep 4 and then a l bedroom adjoining it could also sleep 4 and it would have kitchen etc to help out with the visiting of each other during your stay. Please just go ahead and look at their website. I think it was a great suggestion, I love staying there.

Wanda