We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Las Vegas on our Honeymoon!

Southampton
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Las Vegas on our Honeymoon!

We are travelling to Las Vegas in Sept for 4 nights on route to LA for our Honeymoon and want to make sure we make the most of the time we are there.

We are definetley going to visit the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam and want to see a Cirque show - probably Love after reading the reviews!

But wanted to know what else would be recommended?? We are staying in the Monte Carlo.

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Las Vegas on our Honeymoon!

Take time and read the Vegas Forums as you will get a lot of ideas on here.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Las Vegas on our Honeymoon!

Congrats. firstly!!

I had my wedding in Vegas and only had 4 days including the wedding and i felt we managed to cram a lot of must sees in!!

Your Grand Canyon trip will take a full day, and you will prob be tired on returning to your hotel so i wouldnt count too much to do on that day!

Walk, Walk & walk some more!! All the free attractions eg, Bellagio fountains, Mirage volcano are within easy walking distance of each other and if you time it correctly you can do it all in one night , Pirate Show @ Treasure Island5:30 pm, 7pm, 8:30pm, 10pm and 11:30pm daily! Volcano - 8pm - midnight every hour!

If you are willing to possible wait a while the viewing platform at the top of the eiffel tower would be very romantic and it overlooks the fountains!! Thinks its between $10-15 pp.

Also Monte Carlo has a great location so no time wasting trying to find yourself in the middle of the strip!

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Las Vegas on our Honeymoon!

If it's your first time in Vegas and you have four nights then I'd actually say that taking time out to visit Grand Canyon or anyplace else out of town very possibly isn't making the most of the time you have. You'll get a very good feel for LV in that time but won't come close to seeing all that's on offer.

Regarding things to see and do the choices are endless. It's probably best that you do a little research of your own then come back and ask about specifics rather than having people you've never met plan exactly what you should see and do! You have several months until your trip so spend a little time looking at the posts on this forum and you'll get a good feel for what you can expect and what may appeal to you.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and have fun planning!

Level Contributor
3,511 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in Las Vegas on our Honeymoon!

Congrats - My wife and I honeymooned in Lake Tahoe with a Vegas "layover" on both sides of that planned in.

My suggestion - do not try to overplan it. Have a list things you want to do/see, but try not to micro manage a time line (things like shows you will have to plan date/time). You will find many things you never thought of that you will want to spend time doing, and others on your list will be just so-so when you get there.

Have fun,

Southampton
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time in Las Vegas on our Honeymoon!

Thanks for your help!! I cannot wait!

6. Re: First time in Las Vegas on our Honeymoon!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2013, 10:27