We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bodies at the Luxor...

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
625 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Bodies at the Luxor...

Wondering if anyone can comment on whether or not this is a busy show ie: lineups to get in? lineups to buy tix? Popular? Not so polular?

Also, can anyone comment on what we would expect to pay if we purchased tix on site ie: would be expect to find discount coupons floating around? Full price is $32/person at the Luxor.

thanks in advance,

lwbc

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bodies at the Luxor...

They are on groupon today for $16. You can prebuy if groupon sells in Canada.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,773 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bodies at the Luxor...

I've bought Vegas Groupons from canada

http://www.groupon.com/las-vegas/all

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bodies at the Luxor...

There are rarely any lines longer than 5 or 6 people. So you don't have to worry too much about that. Each time I have gone with friends we go in the afternoon so I can't comment on morning lines.

The Groupon purchase can save you some money and also the hassle of standing in line for discount tickets at the discount ticket booths. Here is a link to the original post and the deal link. This voucher expires on March 21 2012 so I hope it works for your dates. Deal= gr.pn/lvdeal

topic link:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k515040…

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bodies at the Luxor...

I have gone a couple times since it has been at multiple locations in Las Vegas.

I havent noticed any lines ever. When you consider the long lines when it traveled the US (and world) it is amazing to go through and not be shoulder to shoulder.

It is enjoyable, educational and moving. Why moving? I think it motivates young children to enter medicine or stay away. It reminds us of the dangers of smoking. It moves us to understand our body.

Anyway, it is worth a visit.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bodies at the Luxor...

I agree and I think some of the exhibits are down right beautiful as our bodies are so complex and fascinating. It's mind boggling and (I don't use this word lightly) awesome.

Queensbury, NY
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bodies at the Luxor...

I've seen it twice as I am in school to be an enbalmer and I find it fascinating. Besdies the Groupon, there are 5 dollar off coupons available everywhere, or you can include it in a package ticket which were 3 attractions for 54 dollars. I did this in December and saw Bodies, Titanic, and the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bodies at the Luxor...

Here is the link to the 3 for $54 deal that steph124ny mentioned.

www.luxor.com/entertainment/3for54.aspx

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
4,345 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bodies at the Luxor...

Just don't think too much about how all those Chinese political prisoners "volunteered" to take part.

Queensbury, NY
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bodies at the Luxor...

Oh Johnny...if only you knew...if you think it doesn't happen in the good old US...you would be wrong. When Great Aunt Matilda dies in NY and her only living relative is in Wyoming and hasn't ever met her...where do you think Matilda goes? She comes to me....along with the paperwork that says she "donated" her body to science. So we prepare her and then send her to a medical college where she spends the rest of the semester or longer.

But her living relative in Wyoming doesn't have to deal with her so.....

Don't think all those cadavers in med school are there because they were noble enough to donate themselves....just sayin'.....

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
625 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bodies at the Luxor...

Yes, I saw the groupon...that's why I wondered if there were better or similar deals "on site".

Looks like groupon is our best bet.

thanks,

lwbc