Staying at the Luxor. Any advise?
Yep - enjoy yourself!
I've never stayed there but I hear the tower rooms are nicer. There is a tram that connects it to Mandaly Bay and Excalibur. There is also a walkway to both as well.
The pyramid cafe has good food but the service is a little slow.
See Carrot Top while you are there. It's a funny show. I haven't stayed there, but it seems like a fun place when I've been to the casino. Excaliber has a Krispy Kreme donut place. It's close by. Have fun!
grab some beers as soon as you walk in,.. the check in line is crazy long!! all the time.
We stayed there in the Pyramid...and LOVED it!! Have a blast! Don't waste your money on Fantasy... The check in line was super long, be prepared. The tram is a big help.
See Carrot Top!
Don't drink the pool water.
I was there in October. I had a Pyramid room. This was only my second time there in 8 years since I am a CET guy, but I was ok with everything. The rooms have held up ok considering the reviews you read. Our friends had a tower room. Space wise about the same, it was brighter and it had nicer decor and linens it looked like, maybe a better bathroom, overall not the huge difference I was expecting. Tower rooms seem much farther away from casino floor. I have heard Pyramid rooms can have noise if you are above night club so maybe request high floor. We had no issues, when you walked out our room we looked right towards the lobby and the 2nd level entertainment/restaurant area.
I have stayed at the Luxor a few times, and I love the place! It has some of the best blackjack tables around!!! Here is my advise, in no particular order:
- As stated above, the check-in lines are usually very long, so be sure to hydrate yourself before getting into line.
- The Tower rooms are more up to date than the Pyramid rooms, but it is a longer walk to the casino.
- The Pyramid Cafe is my favorite place for breakfast!
- Nathan's in the food court has excellent hot dogs and fresh cut fries. Great for a quick lunch.
- Room service is excellent, however a little pricey. It is perfect if you just want to chill in your room and have a nice meal.
- Ask about the WIN Cards at the mLife booth. These are great if you are going to be playing any table games. They have them at Mandalay Bay too.
- If you like to laugh, then do yourself a favor and go see Carrot Top. You won't regret it!!! If you book your tickets online through the Luxor website, be sure to print your confirmation page, since they do not send a confirmation e-mail.
- The Titanic Exhibit is great if you have even the slightest bit of interest in history. It is very well laid out and informative, and it takes about an hour to walk through. A nice diversion from the casino.
- Above all else.....HAVE FUN!!!!