We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Ideas Please

Palm Springs Area
Level Contributor
588 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Need Ideas Please

I'm treating my son to a Vegas weekend in 3 weeks, and i'm needing ideas on some cool post-dinner bars/lounges we can hang at awhile before tearing up the town. He's turning 22, and we'll be with 4 other people (none over 25; except for this old lady LOL). We're dining at Stripsteak, so thought Minus 5 might be pretty neat, but he hates the cold. Any suggestions?

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,625 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,112 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
403 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
915 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
Gardendale, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Ideas Please

Rhumbar at the Mirage is great to hang out at.

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,861 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Ideas Please

you should forget the old lady part. my sons are in their 20s as well,and im willing to bet you do vegas better, harder,and can run circles around your son in vegas.

my compliments on such a nice gift.

not to mention the air fare and the plans you already have

USA
Level Contributor
939 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Ideas Please

Rhumbar is pretty cool...but if you really want to give those kids a great lounge that you will feel great at too..my fave is definitely MIX at Mandalay Bay...absolutely beautiful lounge with great views, beautiful people, very nice place and atmosphere. And, no one over 21 will feel out of place. Do a google for it...or search this site...a must do anytime I am in Las Vegas.

calleefoneeya
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Ideas Please

Yeah, definitely since you're in Mandalay anyway, head up to Mix. It has a contemporary feel and young people line up when the club opens, but it isn't exclusively youngsters. Great views, great service, nice place.

Palm Springs Area
Level Contributor
588 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Ideas Please

Thanks copyguy, but my days of doing Vegas "hard" are well behind me! LOL I took him for his 21st bday last year, and we had such an awesome time I opened my big mouth and said "let's do it again next year!"

Palm Springs Area
Level Contributor
588 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Ideas Please

Mix is a definite possibility; i'll take a look at it and Rhumbar - thanks!

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,861 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Ideas Please

no problem debluvsvegas.

havent taken my sons to vegas yet, for their 21st we let they come with us to atlanticcity.

my wife and i consider vegas our place to get away . one son just asked me yesterday when ill take him there,told him after he graduates,has a job. or better yet, after he gets a job he can take me!

8. Re: Need Ideas Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2013, 10:19