We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elton John seating and mid April trip

Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
104 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Elton John seating and mid April trip

Hi all, I'm planning to head to Vegas for the 6th time in mid April and have two questions I was hoping someone could help me with.

Firstly does anyone know why hotel rates are so high from Sunday April 15 to Wednesday April 19, is way more than the 4 nights one week later, and I can't see any events etc on that week. Wondering whether I'm missing something or whether if I wait the prices might come down!

Secondly I really want to see Elton John at the colosseum but unsure which seats to go for. I don't mind not being at the front but also don't want to be so far back I can't see anything, so was hoping to get an idea about whehter I should just buy the closer seats, or whether I would be fine from the mezzanine and can still see everything etc.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
418 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elton John seating and mid April trip

We saw Elton John in October. Since we generally see a show a day or night, no way could we afford the up-close Elton tickets. I figured that if I wasn't sitting up close, it wouldn't really matter how close I was. We sat in the mezzanine seats, and it was just fine. I got some great close-up shots of Elton with my camera. Neither of us enjoyed the show any less by seeing it from the "cheap" seats. It is a phenomenal concert experience. Elton still has "it."

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
58 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elton John seating and mid April trip

We just got back and saw Elton from the cheap seats. We could see everything, and enjoyed the show no less by being in the mezz. Hope you enjoy it.

Vancouver, WA
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elton John seating and mid April trip

I'm a front row center seat kinda guy.

Had sticker-shock you could say when looking a few months ago. If you've got the $500 per ticket- I'd do it 100 out of 100 times

Marble, Minnesota
Level Contributor
157 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Elton John seating and mid April trip

We just saw Elton last Thursday with seats in the 2nd mezanine seats 315 & 316 and thought they were great seats for the price.

The only caution about paying for the floor section is that we noticed the people in the very front stood up for most of the show and could tell that some of the people behind them were getting pretty annoyed!!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
381 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Elton John seating and mid April trip

I'll give you my two cents going tomorrow.If you are wanting to sit in the cheap seats buy them early we had to go to the first mezzanine here because the cheap ones sold out..I will look for any discounts for you.Hope it is as good as reviews.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
396 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Elton John seating and mid April trip

we saw Elton in 2nd mezzanine, and it was great! If you're worried about pictures, a half decent camera should do the trick just fine.

Yes, if you can afford the $500 cause cash is no problem, then front row is the obvious choice. But cheap seats are fine. Not a bad seat in the house

Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
104 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Elton John seating and mid April trip

Thanks all for the replies - think ill probably go for something near the front of the 2nd mezz rather than right at the back. Sounds like the front would be great but think I'd be better spending the difference on other stuff (mainly gambling)!

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Elton John seating and mid April trip

Hotel rates are so high for those dates because the large National Association of Broadcasters convention will be taking place then. I wouldn't wait to see if rates for then drop as it's not very likely. Book now and if rates do drop just call the hotel and have them adjust your reservation.

Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
104 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Elton John seating and mid April trip

Thanks for confirming that Blagger - I thought the logical reason was a big conference but I couldn't find anything when I did some internet searches! Guess I'll just dumb down the quality of the hotel I aim for to compensate

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Elton John seating and mid April trip

I will be in town that week. So that may be it :)

Actually, huge broadcasters convention. NAB

I've had best seats and worst seats to see Elton in Vegas before. I liked them both.