We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Cheap Airfare From Detroit

Windsor, Ontario
Level Contributor
114 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Need Cheap Airfare From Detroit

Anyone notice how high air fare is? Leaving from Detroit March 11 for 4 nights, best I find is $906 taxes in for 2 people???

At that price we can go to Mexico or Dominican for a week all inclusive including flight.

Where is there decent price air, wanna go back to vegas???

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
14,229 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Cheap Airfare From Detroit

I see a few Delta flights for $390/each but they're afternoon flights both ways... If you want morning flights out and afternoon back, it does look closer to $450/each.

Not sure if it's gonna get any cheaper in the next 3 weeks though...

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Cheap Airfare From Detroit

Welcome to our new reality. Flights are one of the things that are going to be a lot more expensive both now, and in the next few years.

Windsor, Ontario
Level Contributor
114 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Cheap Airfare From Detroit

It is too bad, every year we used to do this for approx. $440 tax in for 2. When the price almosts doubles I cannot justify it, I guess back to Mexico. The beach will not suck the money out of my wallet, lol.

Windsor, Ontario
Level Contributor
114 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Cheap Airfare From Detroit

I am a diamond member and have allot of points from my local CET property. Can I use points for air fare?

When I go here in Windsor Canada Total rewards no one knows anything? Anyone aware of how to use my Diamond Card and points for a flight??

Sterling Heights...
Level Contributor
192 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Cheap Airfare From Detroit

I booked my airfare from Detroit back June for $312 and every time I check the flights the fares are a lot higher. Sorry.

Shag Harbour, Canada
Level Contributor
5,287 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Cheap Airfare From Detroit

Kinda late to be looking for cheap airfare on flights less than a month away, isn't it?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
4,345 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Cheap Airfare From Detroit

3/11 through 3/15?

you should be able to shave a hundred off that total at least. Maybe more. Travelzoo, hotwire.

Woodstock, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Cheap Airfare From Detroit

I am flying in April out of detroit with spirit, it cost $1300 for 5 of us round trip and thats with bags. we are flying each way on a Tuesday, that was cheaper.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Need Cheap Airfare From Detroit

We usually fly out of Detroit but for our March 15 trip (booked this week) it was actually cheaper to fly from our home airport (London, ON).

I too thought DTW flights seemed higher than normal this year. And I just can't be bothered with Spirit (don't like the terminal, too many add-on fees after purchase).

Ontario's Near...
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Need Cheap Airfare From Detroit

Did you try Spirit Airlines? They sometimes have cheap flights