We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palazzo or Wynn

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,968 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Palazzo or Wynn

Had narrowed it down to Wynn or Cosmo.Chose to book Wynn. At the time Palazzo pricing was high but it has come down significantly so now torn between Wynn or Palazzo. Will be going with my very hype 68 year old mom. Pool is important. Any guidance is appreciated.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
499 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palazzo or Wynn

Been to both. Both are luxurious with the edge going to Wynn.

The pools at Wynn are excellent. I stayed at Encore several times and the ambiance and decor at Wynn/Encore is excellent.

I would choose the Wynn.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palazzo or Wynn

Unless Palazzo was a lot less, I would stick with Wynn. Seriously, though, I don't think you would be disappointed in either.

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,968 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palazzo or Wynn

They are comparable in pricing. Wynn is a little more but offering $100 credit so pretty close. I think I am leaning towards Wynn but we are on somewhat of a budget.We will splurge on vacation but don't want to break the bank either. Concerned that everything at Wynn will be MUCH higher priced. We will be venturing out for dinners / cocktails but will spend most of the days at the pool. Will I be paying $20 per drink at the pool?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palazzo or Wynn

Wynn IMO is a nicer property than Palazzo, so I would say go with Wynn. But as you say you are on a bit of a budget, and don't want to spend to much on food or drink, go with Palazzo. Wynn prices for food and drink are on the highest end. Yes you can always go off property, but as you said don't want to pay $20 for a drink at the pool and at Wynn you will.

victoria bc canada
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Palazzo or Wynn

Either one will work for you.

I give a slight ede to the Wynn pool over the Palazzo,

Agree with Norgetroll the lower end dining options are easier to find at the Palazzo.

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,968 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palazzo or Wynn

The less expensive dining options at Palazzo/Venetian are next door to Wynn, right? LAVO and Tao could work for us. Hoping it's a very short walk??

United States
Level Contributor
21,612 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palazzo or Wynn

I have stayed at both and would take Wynn over The Palazzo. This is an easy one for me.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
481 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palazzo or Wynn

Wynn is definitely a higher class property. I'll choose it pretty much every time over Palazzo. One reason why you might want to choose Palazzo over Wynn is if mom isn't much of a walker. About the only places Wynn is closer to are Encore and the Fashion Show Mall. Yes Wynn is right next to the Palazzo, but it might take mom 5 minutes to go from the bottom of the Wynn elevators to Palazzo. It doesn't sound like much but this can add up if you plan to go outside of the resort a lot. Count on 5 minutes to get to Palazzo and another 5 minutes to get to the exit doors of Venetian closest to the strip (a path you'll likely take every time you want to go somewhere on the strip).

Luckily, you pretty much everything you need on that side of the strip (shopping, restaurants etc.) I rarely go further than the Caesar forums when I'm staying at the Wynn/Encore.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,648 posts
1,879 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palazzo or Wynn

Go to the Wynn.

canada
Level Contributor
4,321 posts