We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mustang hire

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Mustang hire

going to Las Vegas, is it best to hire a ford mustang in the UK or wait and hire one there?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mustang hire

Who will you book through? I just made a huge search all over the different carpages, and it seems that the mustang is on its way out of the rental market. It's long time sold out at both Hertz & Avis, so i tried to rent it at national, there you would either get a mustang or sebring. Would prefer the Mustang anytime over Sebring, but can't be sure before i get there in July.

Hope you get the car you want though!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mustang hire

We booked a Mustang/Sebring through expedia (Avis) and when we picked it up we got upgraded to a Camaro. Apparently that's fairly unusual (we were just driving it back to LA), but we were chuffed!

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,963 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mustang hire

If you hire a Mustang in the UK, how will you get it to Vegas?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mustang hire

If you're going in the summer you won't get the roof down through the day as you'll cook!

Book it before you go.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mustang hire

Mikey: Depends if you like the heat, I love cruisin with the roof down an a cap on.

Sounds nice with the camaro, I could live with that!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
385 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mustang hire

Brian, Mustangs aren't particularly powerful, have you consider renting something like a corvette instead?

Level Contributor
2,002 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mustang hire

1) Camaro is def NOT an upgrade from a Mustang.

2) Yeah compared to all of those powerful British cars, Mustangs are anemic!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mustang hire

I would consider a Camaro an upgrade from a Mustang, compared to european standards and prices. I would LOVE to have a Camaro SS Convertible instead of a Mustang GT Convertible.

X's fingers and hope to get an upgrade from national :D

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
87 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mustang hire

Hired a Mustang last October through Netflights which in turn was Thrifty. I booked the car online before I left the UK as I think it is easier/cheaper on the insurance costs.

Nice car to drive, seats were very comfortable & quick enough for all you would need. Only downside was luggage space managed to fit one medium sized case in the boot (trunk ) and one on the back seat

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mustang hire

Hahaha I almost spit my coffee out reading that you might get a sebring...you DO NOT want a sebring....LOL