We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Options for supplies near Cosmo

Birmingham, England
Level Contributor
283 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Options for supplies near Cosmo

We're now a group of 6 at the Cosmo in April and one of us has booked a wraparound terrace suite as a bit of a base for getting together and to avoid that 'meet you in the lobby, what time?' problem.

So, we're planning on using the suite to chill with drinks and snacks, occasional breakfast, certainly evening drinks before going out. How is the area for supplies? We'd ideally want a good supply of liquor for cocktails, snacks including light meals like cheeses and bread, olives etc, wine etc

I know the kitchen isn't supplied so we'll be thinking about how we make it useable. Any progress on the coffee maker front in the wraparound suite? I heard they'd been ditched but someone recently seemed to have had one.

We'll can stock up at the UK airport on premiums like champagne but is there any advice on reasonably priced local booze supplies?

Edmonton, AB, Canada
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Options for supplies near Cosmo

I don't know if it's open yet but they were building a huge Walgreens on the south side of PH last time I was in Vegas (August '11), if that's open it'll have everything you need. Otherwise there's a CVS just south of City Center (between it and Monte Carlo) that's pretty well stocked.

I don't think either of these places carry much in the way of groceries however, for that you'd have to go off strip I think. That said, don't expect to be doing any cooking in your kitchen, there by be appliances there but there's no cookware, utensils, or glassware (aside from the standard couple glasses) unless you rent them from the Cosmo.

You should probably just meet in the lobby, Cosmo has the best lobby bar in Vegas in the Vesper ;)

Southampton
Level Contributor
459 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Options for supplies near Cosmo

Not sure how cheap it is but if u exit the cosmo on the 2nd floor there is a bridge that you walk out onto that leads you straight into Walgreens where there was alcohol and snacks. There is also an ABC store from memory in the miracle mile shops opposite Cosmo. Just got back last wk and the terrace suite was amazing (no coffee maker or plates or cutlery for that matter but they did have a bar set with bottle openers etc) so can only imagine how fab a wrap around will be. Have fun!

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
224 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Options for supplies near Cosmo

If you want all that stuff, I'd just take a taxi down to Whole Foods and back the day you get there. You can get paper plates and cups while you're there too. There's plenty of liquor stores within walking distance, but bread and cheese and olives is going to be a bit of a stretch unless you hit a real grocery.

Texas
Level Contributor
178 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Options for supplies near Cosmo

I would suggest a stop at a local grocery store before getting to your hotel. There is a Walgreens within walking distance but I don't think that will satisfy all of your needs.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,077 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Options for supplies near Cosmo

I think there is a Whole Foods store in Town Square, which is just south of Mandalay Bay. I think you could probably find everything you want there.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Options for supplies near Cosmo

I read someone's TR that said the Walgreens was open and had an expanded inventory or grocery-type items. It's just across the bridge from Cosmo at Planet H. I would definitely try there first. You might be able to get everything you need. There's also a couple of ABC Stores inside Miracle Mile at PH.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
842 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Options for supplies near Cosmo

No coffee makers in the wrap arounds. Look at this for food options, expensive but....

cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/pdf/menu/RoomServic…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Options for supplies near Cosmo

There is a new 2 level walgreens just outside the cosmo connected by a second floor walkway. The location has a grocery and liquor section. Very good prices. They also had a huge walk in cooler filled with cases of beer and cold wine. Tons of fresh sandwich's salads and yogurts. I saved a ton stocking up here and will do so again next month.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Options for supplies near Cosmo

Nice! Is there a section for basic fruit and veggies? i.e. veggie plate, banana, etc?

10. Re: Options for supplies near Cosmo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 23:43