We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will rising airfares cause hotel prices to drop?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Will rising airfares cause hotel prices to drop?

Already booked my air for an upcoming trip in June. Should I hold off on hotel? With the threat of rising gas prices, I am sure airfare is going to skyrocket. Will this cause hotels to drop their prices in hopes of that people will still travel?

Columbus
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Will rising airfares cause hotel prices to drop?

I doubt it. Hotel prices have been on the rise for the past year again at Vegas. Occupancy is rising again after years of slow attendence in Vegas.

Edited: 24 February 2012, 03:41
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
3,420 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will rising airfares cause hotel prices to drop?

Nope

Dewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will rising airfares cause hotel prices to drop?

Get them booked...Some good offers around like the $100 free dining and beverage credits etc at Mandalay,Aria,Vdara etc...

I just emailed Nicole at the Tropicana and got 30% off my stay in August and she waived the resort fees.....Then got a $100 food credit at THE HOTEL so my bookings are now sorted.

Sterling, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will rising airfares cause hotel prices to drop?

The only way the hotel prices are going to drop is if and when they start sitting half empty. They will still get the conventioneers as it is a write off for the companies that host these events and the vacationers will still come to Vegas unless airfare doubles, IMO.

So, short answer is no.

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will rising airfares cause hotel prices to drop?

If you have a play history,I have a feeling you may start seeing offers including some travel reembursement like they used to do a few years ago?

. right now that seems to be what cet is doing with some of their props other than vegas?

Mullica Hill, New...
Level Contributor
6,289 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will rising airfares cause hotel prices to drop?

At this point, there's no indication that people aren't traveling.

7. Re: Will rising airfares cause hotel prices to drop?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 00:16