We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Am I the only "lucky" One?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
811 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Am I the only "lucky" One?

So got back from Vegas Feb. 11th. after a week stay. Been hoping to do my TR one of these days. Reason why not yet? Too Dang sick. Thought Sunday after return was just jet lag. Could not talk Mon. /Tues. Wed. Went to Doc for sore throat... here we go. Strep A, Friday back...Walking Pneumonia, last week Strep C.

All contagious! I may start wearing rubber gloves and a mask at the slots.

Just curious if any body else got the gifts from Vegas this month. I have gone many times and a cold here and there but geezzzz.

Boston...
Level Contributor
306 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Am I the only "lucky" One?

Feel better!

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Am I the only "lucky" One?

That's terrible! So sorry. Still hope you post a TR when you get to feeling better.:) I always constantly use hand sanitizer that I carry in my purse. Know it's not foolproof but it helps me worry less. And I think that flying on airplanes increases the likelihood of catching something too. Plus we often go without sleep and drink an abundance of alcohol so we weaken our systems. We take the chance of more than a hangover for sure but it's VEGAS baby! Speedy recovery to you.

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Am I the only "lucky" One?

I've gotten sick before Vegas before, but typically not during. Only once, in all my visits, did I pick up something there. Fortunately the symptoms didn't start to develop until the day I was leaving.

Hope you feel better. There are some nasty germs floating around this year. :(

Westampton, New...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Am I the only "lucky" One?

I almost always get sick :(. This past trip in October I had strep the week before the trip but my husband and in laws were all sick while we were there.

I wipe everything down when we get on the plane with antibacterial hand wipes, and when we fet to the room I wipe the door knobs and the tv remote. See what good that does...

victoria bc canada
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Am I the only "lucky" One?

I have not been sick either..knock on wood.

Get well quickly and please post your tr.

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Am I the only "lucky" One?

Yikes...that's quite a load of illness you are carrying!! I just heard on the news that this year the prime flu season is just ramping up now instead of winding down.

I hope you are on the mend soon.

Edited: 29 February 2012, 01:00
Zionsville, Indiana
Level Contributor
438 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Am I the only "lucky" One?

I had a Respitory Infection while I was there. Went as a poker tournament, played in the WSOP. Felt horrible. First night, couldn't sleep, second night slept for 14 hours, third night, another 14, last night about 18 hours.

That was an expensive trip.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Am I the only "lucky" One?

I would blame the plane.........................i have gotten sick so many times.

I wore a black top on the plane and when landed it looked like i was covered with dandruff................and we breath in this crap.

I feel like wearing a mask on the plane.

Saint Joseph...
Level Contributor
2,494 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Am I the only "lucky" One?

Irish Flu !!!!

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Am I the only "lucky" One?

During my last trip to Las Vegas I all of a sudden got extremely sick. I have never been that sick in my life. I even called the 24 hour number on the back of my health card. The first day of being sick I only left my room for 2 hours. The second day I started feeling a bit better, but not 100%. It was our last day there so I had to go out and gamble! On the plus side, I went home with money.