We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegas June 8-10

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Haven...
7 posts
Save Topic
Vegas June 8-10

Any one know if there is something goin on the week of June 8-10. It seems as though all the Hotels are higher then other weekends for those dates.

San Diego
Level Contributor
324 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegas June 8-10

Electric Daisy Carnival

http://electricdaisycarnival.com/

California
Level Contributor
287 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegas June 8-10

EDC (couple hundred thousand people will be there) and the Manny Pacquiao fight (another couple thousand people).. you picked one of the busiest weekends this year to go

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegas June 8-10

Throw the WSOP on top for a few more. Like me!

St. Louis
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegas June 8-10

Was there last year during EDC. It was a zoo. Not making that mistake again this year.

London, United...
Level Contributor
657 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegas June 8-10

Phew! That was lucky. I'm booked 10 - 17 June so will, happily, miss that mayhem.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Vegas June 8-10

Oh man. I'm going the same dates and was wondering why it was so expensive!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,559 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vegas June 8-10

Apparently it's some sort of music festival.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Daisy_Carnival

FYI for anyone else who was in the dark like I was...

Central Coast, NSW
Level Contributor
241 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vegas June 8-10

I will be there at that time as well. I booked and paid a while ago so I may have got a bargain. I also got a ticket to the Pacquiao fight so I'm pretty happy

New Haven...
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Vegas June 8-10

well, that makes sense...i too am booked and ready to tear it up for my 40th B-Day weekend with 4 of my buddies. thanx for the insight. i just know that we will steer clear of LVMS.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vegas June 8-10

I'm seriously debating on going to Vegas that weekend. I'm supposed to go on a girls' getaway to celebrate my friend's birthday. She says that since the Las Vegas Motor Speedway is about 15 miles away, we won't be affected. I think she's absolutely nuts in her thinking and we will so be affected. I know this event is going to bring in about 200,000 people at least.

We are trying to do the pool parties and nightclubs, so I know the lines are going to be seriously, seriously insane.I'm also thinking that clubs/lounges are going to raise their cover charges to a high rate. It's not like the festival is so far away from the strip. The patrons are going to be staying at the hotels and obviously fraternizing at the resorts, their pools, and their clubs.

Unfortunately, my friend doesn't want to budge on changing the date of the trip. I was really psyched about going to Vegas that weekend, until I found out about the festival.

Your thoughts?