We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March 28-30 Travelocity Top Secret Hotel

Southern California
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
March 28-30 Travelocity Top Secret Hotel

I have been looking around for a good priced mid-low range hotel in Vegas for a few of my girlfriends and I to stay in over spring break to celebrate our 21st birthdays. I've been looking into Monte Carlo, Tropicana, TI, NYNY, etc. and the best deals I've found around between $50-60/night on the respective hotel websites/priceline/hotwire/smartervegas/etc.. but I've come across a "top secret" hotel deal on travelocity that is quoting $42/night for my trip dates at a 4* hotel on the strip with a $14.99/night resort fee.. I am almost certain its the Tropicana but I feel like its a risk because I have yet to find any other unpublished rates that are below $54/night. Anyone have another guess for what hotel it might be or should I just book it?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March 28-30 Travelocity Top Secret Hotel

Sounds like the Trop. I know someone on here was caught out by the 4* rating a few weeks back.

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March 28-30 Travelocity Top Secret Hotel

Hi

Well if its def ON the strip it must be the Trop, heres a list of fee's

http://www.vegas.com/incl/resortfees.html

Clive

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: March 28-30 Travelocity Top Secret Hotel

People have been getting some extremely good prices via the bookit mystery deals.

Note - the bookit mystery deals I've seen have been darn obvious. What's the text?

Southern California
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March 28-30 Travelocity Top Secret Hotel

Not much text on travelocity, only the star rating (4) and traveler review rating (4, checks out with Trop) as well as stating that there is a pool. I'm fairly sure this will be trop, but now i'm wondering if there are any unrenovated rooms left at the hotel that I may be stuck in for such a low rate.. has anyone heard whether there is a section of the hotel which is still awaiting the remodel?

Burbank
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: March 28-30 Travelocity Top Secret Hotel

Can't see anything that would lead one to narrow this down to Tropicana. Most hotels have a pool.

"I feel like it(')s a risk" - yes, it is, because it's a gamble. Could be any of a number of hotels. If you want a certain hotel, book directly.

Cincinnati, Ohio
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: March 28-30 Travelocity Top Secret Hotel

I do recall someone on here saying they booked a secret hotel on Priceline for 40 dollars and it was tropicana maybe they will provide detail as to where it's located such as south or north strip. Hope it works out

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: March 28-30 Travelocity Top Secret Hotel

It also could be Excalibur as they have a $14.99 resort or at least it was. Don't trust these mystery hotels because they don't truthfully give the property descriptions. I did this through Expedia for a hotel downtown and said it was on Fremont St. And it ended up being the Gold Spike on Ogden. Stick to the Harrahs hotels, no resort fees.

Prince George, BC
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: March 28-30 Travelocity Top Secret Hotel

If it is Tropicana, all of the rooms are renovated.

Southern California
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: March 28-30 Travelocity Top Secret Hotel

Correcting grammar? really?

I am a little wary of the secret hotel, but I figure in the 4* range on the strip it really can't be too bad. Speaking of which, the fact that it has a pool was not the reason I believed it to be Trop, it was the fact that it is a 4* hotel with a 14.99 resort fee (Excalibur is a 3*). I tried bidding on priceline but couldn't get a $40 match, but that was a week ago so things may have changed. I have seen many published and unpublished low rates for the Tropicana for the Spring as well, including a deal I am just shy of on their website for $47.99/night. Seems to be in the ballpark I think.

Thank you sammi for the comment about the rooms, I had figured as much but I would hate to be stuck in some forgotten room for the vacation!

Thanks everyone for chiming in! If anyone has booked this deal or has experience with Travelocity's unpublished rates I'd love to hear about it! :)

Southern California
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: March 28-30 Travelocity Top Secret Hotel

I've booked and it was in fact a Tropicana deal! :) I'll call a little later today to get an idea of what type of room, but as far as I can tell its a standard King room. yay!