We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One great restaurant

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cobourg, Ontario
Level Contributor
231 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
One great restaurant

Surprising my husband with a 30th anniversary trip - first time in Vegas. We are arriving on the exact day of our anniversary and staying at the Palazzo. Would like to book a nice place for dinner that night - any suggestions? (Not too worried about price that night - want it to be special). Also noticed lots of reviewers who say they get room uprgrades - is this usually for people who have frequented the hotel and gambled there?

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One great restaurant

At the Palazzo a Strip view is considered a room upgrade. There will be no need to upgrade the room - the standard room is among the nicest Las Vegas has to offer.

What kind of food are you looking for? Do you want to stay in Palazzo or do you want to go elsewhere?

USA
Level Contributor
939 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One great restaurant

For that special occasion, I always love Picasso's at Bellagio. Expertly prepared fixe' prie menues (2)...go for the larger one (5 courses plus amuse' I believe) Can also get specially priced wine pairings with every course if you like. Dining room is by the fountains...you dine surrounded by original Picasso's. After dinner, get a drink or a coffee and go out on their patio to watch the fountains of Bellagio up close and personal. Doesn't get much more romantic than that!

Cost is reasonable too.,...under $200;/person with wine pairings.

NYC
Level Contributor
1,881 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One great restaurant

It would help to know what kind of food you like?

Cobourg, Ontario
Level Contributor
231 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One great restaurant

Fairly mainstream - my husband is only somewhat adventurous but we like a variety of things - just not big seafood fans.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: One great restaurant

This last trip, I really thought Postrio had great atmosphere at Venetian since in St Marks Square, and had live music, and the food was excellent too.

I heard from a couple I was talking with in a theater line that they loved Emeril's Table 10 at Palazzo.

Maybe look at Fleur or MIX (Mandalay), and like another post suggested Picasso @ Bellagio. Olives has good views of fountains, and Eiffel Tower would be high on the list to consider as well.

For atmosphere, I was really impressed with Bartolotta (Wynn), but it does have emphasis on seafood.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,367 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One great restaurant

Our favorite restaurant there is Bouchon. Dining outside on the patio would be appropriate for this occasion, The food is French Bistro style, not quite as traditional as Picasso.

Cobourg, Ontario
Level Contributor
231 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One great restaurant

Thanks for all the suggestions and more if they are coming - will research as there is lots of time - going in July - may stay at the Palazzo for dinner as we'll be arriving that day but also willing to go elsewhere.

Pueblo, Colorado
Level Contributor
473 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One great restaurant

We were in Vegas for our anniversay Tuesday nite and had a really nice dinner at The Range in Harrah's..we went to the Dueling Piano bar @Harrah's then went upstairs to The Range..Steak House,We shared a really good Ceasear's salad which was served in two plates,any of the sides can be shared..food was good ..service was great. They brought us a really good choc mousse with berries and yum..on the plate they wrote Happy Anniversary and took a picture for free!View was also nice,around 110$..we already had been drinking so did not have drinks.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
821 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One great restaurant

We have really enjoyed Bouchon as well (however only dining for breakfast/brunch and the midday oyster bar menu - but we have loved everything we have had, and I won't hesitate to try it for dinner). Other great options at Palazzo are Morels, which is also French, CarneVino which is a very nice Italian steakhouse, and Cut for steak.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: One great restaurant

My favorite restaurant is Alize (a bit off strip), but it is French. The food, service, ambiance -all excellent...and it has a view.

For steaks- Prime (Bellagio) or Cut (it has more of a trendy feel).