We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for Husbands Birthday

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
595 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Ideas for Husbands Birthday

Does anyone have any helpful ideas for husbands birthday? We already plan to spend the day doing some birthday shopping at Premium Outlet Mall - he is looking for a good suit. We have dinner planned at Mix at Mandalay Bay at 21:30 with a couple of drinks in the mix lounge before hand. Had thought about maybe the duelling pianos at NYNY after dinner but suggestions of nice little treats that we could do during the day would be appreciated. Have considered Spa's but put off by not many being co-ed, Budget is open to a degree, but probably looking at not spending more than a couple hundred dollars on one thing.

Also suggestions of nice bars for after dinner would be good too (he does love a good gin martini).

Thanks in advance.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas for Husbands Birthday

What does your husband like to do?

The Gun Store to shoot some guns is fun.

Scoot City Tours - drive this neat little scooter through Red Rock Canyon

Ballyclare, United...
Level Contributor
1,904 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas for Husbands Birthday

How about treating him at the art of shaving or similar?

Some nice bars at the Cosmo

mpo

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
595 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas for Husbands Birthday

Thank you for the suggestions. Love the idea of the Art of Shaving! Will definitely look into that for on the day and might look at the Scoot tours for another day we're there.

Thanks!

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideas for Husbands Birthday

>> but suggestions of nice little treats that we could do during the day would be appreciated.

In the words of the Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight.

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
5,634 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ideas for Husbands Birthday

If he likes "man" stuff he may like the auto collection at the Imp.Palace. And I believe there is a hot rod collection on flamingo. Havent seen it but want to next time. Shooting the machine gun sounds like a good idea too.

West Jordan, Utah
Level Contributor
1,977 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ideas for Husbands Birthday

The South Point has a couples spa, but you need a car to get there. I loved it there. I can't afford to go there, but I think that the Canyon Ranch Spa at the Venetian has some Co-Ed areas?

Would he like an ATV (all terrain vehicle) ride?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
137 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ideas for Husbands Birthday

Try the Red Square after dinner. They are known for their vodka, but they also have a nice selection of gin. They mix great martinis. Have fun!

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
391 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ideas for Husbands Birthday

I am a woman who isn't interested in cars. In spite of that, my friend and I both really enjoyed the Auto Collection at the IP.

If you are going to be outlet shopping, here is some info which can save you some $$:

The south and north outlets are both Premium Outlets. The South Outlets are organized like an indoor mall. The North Outlets are organized like an outdoor mall.

If you do not have a car, you can take a taxi. You can also get to both outlets on the SDX (strip/downtown express) bus. http://www.rtcsouthernnevada.com/transit/route/stripdowntown/stripdowntown(09-18-11).pdf

To save $$ while shopping at Premium Outlets, start at this web site: http://www.premiumoutlets.com/

You will be able to see a list of stores at the north and south outlet and determine which one has the best stores for you.

Register for the VIP Club at the web site. You will be able to print discount coupons for stores before you leave home. You also will receive an email which you can turn in to Customer Service when you arrive at the outlet. They will give you a (free) sheet which gives you various discounts at the stores. I have been able to buy sale items at some stores and add BOTH discounts to the sale price.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
595 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ideas for Husbands Birthday

Thank you for all your suggestions and thanks ReaderPat for the outlet information!

ZekeKelso - I'm guessing your suggestion would be his favourite ;)

Mass
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ideas for Husbands Birthday

Search the net for Dig It....big boys playing with real Tonka Trucks. My husband would love this....spa sounds like something you may enjoy more than him. Richard Petty Experience, gun store possibilities.