We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March break with kids?

Oakville,Ontario Can
Level Contributor
134 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
March break with kids?

Is this a crazy question...would we likely not be able to use the pool at the Wynn for March break (March 12) as it would just be too cccccold? We were thinking of coming for a fabulous Cirque show but the kids wanna swim. That is such a gorgeous pool but I guess the temps would not be warm enough huh? If you are headed for a warm front would love to hear from you so we can book.

1. Re: March break with kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 March 2012, 23:05
1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March break with kids?

10-day forecast currently shows a high of 70, low of 49 for the 12th.

I'd call that too cold to swim.

Oakville,Ontario Can
Level Contributor
134 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: March break with kids?

Disneyword or land is one place we don't ever ever want to visit.

Our kids are 13 and 14 and love swimming and that pool at the Wynn is so fabulous. The shows and food are great so our kids would love that aspect of being there; a helicopter ride would be cool...but if the weather is really chilly too our children may not have as much fun as they'd just love to spend the day in the pool. I called the Wynn and the pool is heated to 82 degrees. I am wondering if we should do it; could be risky!

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March break with kids?

The weather hasn't been great. I wouldn't risk it! It was supposed to be warm this week, but the forecast changed suddenly.

Philly
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: March break with kids?

When i stayed at the Wynn, i honestly don't recall seeing any kids around the pool...

Nevada
Level Contributor
3,234 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: March break with kids?

You could change and stay at a hotel off the strip, that has an indoor pool and is more family friendly that the Wynn.

Embassy Suites is one for example, that has an indoor pool, free breakfast ( cooked) and a frig and a microwave in your suite.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: March break with kids?

Or Platinum Hotel is heated to 85. Embassy Suites also good bet with little indoor pool like mentioned above.

But I stayed Palazzo 2 weekends ago, low recall was 38 and highs in the 60's, and they had one of few hot pools heated to about 90 degrees over at Venezia Tower, open evenings too. People were in swimming pool, a few kids too. This set of pools is on 10th floor of Venezia Tower. There were also 2 hot tubs adjacent to the heated pools, and changing rooms / restrooms. Bouchon restaurant is right there too so can plan to combine meal and swim.

In Reno, we swim in similar heated pools at Peppermill in 25 degree weather. Lot of wimps on the forum here who can't tolerate a little cool weather.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: March break with kids?

Wynn pools are heated, so all you need to worry about is cold air when you get out of the water.. I hope you realize that the Wynn is not a kid friendly property.

Vernon, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: March break with kids?

No offense but I don't think Vegas is the place to take your kids on Spring Break....especially near any pools there....I don't have kids but if I did I would not want my kids exposed to the 18A activities that go on. At least not until they are 18....

London, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: March break with kids?

You could consider Mandalay Bay. Their pools are now open and it would be pool heaven for the kids. You can still pop down to Wynn for a show.

Wynn is not a kid friendly hotel...but they would have a blast at Mandalay Bay pools....and it's a much more relaxed, kid friendlier hotel.

cheers

shirl'