We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viva Elvis by Cirque du Soleil

California
Level Contributor
64 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Viva Elvis by Cirque du Soleil

Has anyone seen this show? There are mixed reviews on this site and I am wondering if it is worth it. I am treating my mom to a Vegas trip for her 70th birthday. Her twin sister and older sister are also going. I want to treat them to a show and they are all Elvis fans. They have not been to Vegas since the 1980's and are very excited to see the changes.

I also wonder which seats are best? Close to the stage or farther back.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
53,541 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Viva Elvis by Cirque du Soleil

"Has anyone seen this show? "

Not enough to keep it in business, it's closing in August...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k522496…

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Viva Elvis by Cirque du Soleil

It didn't do well and is closing as a result. If I were going before the close date and was a big Elvis fan, I would give it a go before its gone forever. Tickets will be discounted too. Here is a link to a reputable site with Viva Elvis tickets 25% off until July 31

smartervegas.com/shows/…ticketsdiscounts.aspx

For the record, I have not seen it, but not really my thing. I did love the Beatles "Love", though.

Kitchener Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Viva Elvis by Cirque du Soleil

We seen the show and enjoyed it period. I think that some expect more, I dont know but the wife and I both enjoyed it. I am not big elvis fan but there was lots of movement and action and it kept me in the show the whole time.

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
6,067 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Viva Elvis by Cirque du Soleil

I would put it near the bottom of the dozen or so shows I've seen in Vegas. Not awful, but not worth Cirque prices, either.

California
Level Contributor
64 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Viva Elvis by Cirque du Soleil

I appreciate the feedback. I am still undecided at this point. They would have nothing to compare it to since they have not been in Vegas in years and seen a show. I know they wouldl ove the music portion of the show/ I was able to find tickets for $103/person.

Maybe I should just book a different Cirque du Soleil show instead.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Viva Elvis by Cirque du Soleil

My wife is a Elvis fan, I am not, but she dragged me to see it. We both enjoyed it very much. If you are a Elvis fan see it before it closes.

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
409 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Viva Elvis by Cirque du Soleil

I grew up with Elvis and still love his music. I was disheartened to hear that the show was going to be closed. As a result, we will be seeing it during our March trip, in spite of the negative reviews. I take reviews with a grain of salt and often like to make up my own mind. Not all reviews of the show are negative. There are many people who enjoyed it.

Vancouver, WA
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Viva Elvis by Cirque du Soleil

To each their own. I haven't seen it- specifically because of the reviews from here. Seen all Cirque in Vegas but Elvis and Believe. Believe is by far the worst reviewed of all shows in Vegas on here. It isnt closing.

Elvis is. Making it the 1st Cirque show to ever close. 22 total Cirque shows, 5 in Vegas (& LaReve which isn't a Cirque by name- but made by a Cirque Producer) and Elvis is the only to ever close. Next Year Michael Jackson will be permanent in Vegas- and IRIS will replace Elvis- so Vegas is not saturated by Cirque. That is not what brought down the curtain on Elvis. No one understands how it is closing when Believe is not. (I say the BIG contract Cirque is locked into).

IMO, you could do so much better than Elvis. But, that's just my opinion- and again I have not seen it. I'm just going on reviews from this site; such as those who felt 4 women singing as Elvis just didn't cut it. At least with LOVE- you get the real Beatles singing

Portland, Indiana
Level Contributor
320 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Viva Elvis by Cirque du Soleil

I thought IRIS had a 10 year contract in LA?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,258 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Viva Elvis by Cirque du Soleil

'ZARKANA' is replacing 'Viva Elvis':

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k522459…