We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What does "RC Balance" mean for CET Total Rewards?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
N.E. Indiana
Level Contributor
285 posts
Save Topic
What does "RC Balance" mean for CET Total Rewards?

When I look at my account at CET's Total Rewards, it shows a line that says "RC Balance" 325

What is "RC" and what does a balance of 325 mean in terms of free stuff (not much I am sure). I'm guessing it means $3.25 of free slot or VP play?

Indianapolis,IN
Level Contributor
4,932 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What does "RC Balance" mean for CET Total Rewards?

It's the comp money that you've earned. You can present your Total Rewards card for a muffin at the coffee shop or save $3.25 at the buffet. You earned it while gambling more than likely and it expires after 6 mos.

Tacoma,WA
Level Contributor
913 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What does "RC Balance" mean for CET Total Rewards?

yeah, what he said

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What does "RC Balance" mean for CET Total Rewards?

It actually stands for rewards credits.

Kennewick...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What does "RC Balance" mean for CET Total Rewards?

I have been gambling and staying mostly at CET properties and have never really understood their system :-) I see things on the slot machine like

base points, session points, RC's, Tier,etc. and just figured, "That is probably not that good". But, out of the blue I needed a pair of sunglasses, walked into a gift shop and asked to buy them with my card, and got them free. So, I must have had some RC's.

Kennewick...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What does "RC Balance" mean for CET Total Rewards?

and p.s I can never seem to leave Gold Status and seem to always have a tier score of roughly 0. Why is that? (Happy to report I have 3445 RC's now, woo hoo).

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What does "RC Balance" mean for CET Total Rewards?

Tier status goes back to zero every January, unless you get a higher status. (I think)

Cheektowaga
Level Contributor
3,541 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: What does "RC Balance" mean for CET Total Rewards?

All points get set to 0 on January 1st.Platinium,Diamond and Seven Star status are good till March of the following year so in thiscase 2013.You must earn enough points in the calendar year 2012 to renew your status for next year.

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,961 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What does "RC Balance" mean for CET Total Rewards?

I believe that starting next month, you will be able to use your RCs for slot play. Not sure what the conversion rate will be, though.

Hermitage...
Level Contributor
765 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What does "RC Balance" mean for CET Total Rewards?

I read on another thread that the RC's will be converted at a ratio of 2:1 for gambling purposes. $100 in RC's= $50 in gambling credits.

10. Re: What does "RC Balance" mean for CET Total Rewards?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 07:40