We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andre's (Downtown) or Daniel Boulud ?

Newbridge, Ireland
Level Contributor
223 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Andre's (Downtown) or Daniel Boulud ?

So many good restaurants and not enough time...I have to make a choice between these two....if you are familiar with these restaurants, which one would you choose ?

(note, not Andre's on the strip - only downtown)

Thanks for opinions :)

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Andre's (Downtown) or Daniel Boulud ?

That a tough one.

Have you vacationed in France?

I think I'd pick DB cause its in the Wynn & you don't have hotels like that in Ireland.

Either one you're a winner!

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Andre's (Downtown) or Daniel Boulud ?

Andre's is one of the most highly rated restaurants in Las Vegas, it is excellent! I've eaten there many times, they've been in business for years and continue to win awards year after year. That said, I'm sure Daniel Boulud is excellent as well. Steve Wynn wouldn't have any restaurant that wasn't superb.

Newbridge, Ireland
Level Contributor
223 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Andre's (Downtown) or Daniel Boulud ?

Summerlin, been in Paris a couple of times -just a couple of days each time but didn't experience anything out of the ordinary - the purpose for the trips, although pleasure, was not normal vacation either time - and the agenda was set by others for the most part.

Wynn's is a six star hotel I think ? Saw the fabulous seven star Burj Al Arab in Dubai so am looking forward to seeing Wynns :) You are right - we have no six star properties in Ireland.

Thanks for the feedback. Beginning to wonder if I should drop Rosemary's in favour of doing both of these ?

Newbridge, Ireland
Level Contributor
223 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Andre's (Downtown) or Daniel Boulud ?

Thank you also, gabbygambler - they both sound magnifique so, what do you think, does Rosemary's live up to both of them ? That is one I had penned in over both of these and could possibly swap around due to the geography...

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
654 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Andre's (Downtown) or Daniel Boulud ?

Drop Rosemarys like a bad habit.

Now I will be shot down like a Kamakazi fighter but--

RoseMarys is not in Andre's or DB class.

Both Andres & DB are food "experiences." And have the ambiance too.

While many on here like RM, its in a strip mall. I use to like RM, but feel the quality has slipped since '01.

Business at RM is dependent on coupons. Nothing wrong with coupons, I use them too. When business is slow, you drive business to your location with coupons. Andres & DB don't have coupons cause they have more then enough business.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
654 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Andre's (Downtown) or Daniel Boulud ?

BTW - I would love to go to Dubai! Hubby is Jewish & says he wouldn't feel comfortable there. Being american too, I'm not sure I'd be welcome either now. I have a european friend that bought a place on the Palm, guess I'll never see it now. (tears being shed)

Andre's decor is country french. Very quaint little place, worth going to.

Newbridge, Ireland
Level Contributor
223 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Andre's (Downtown) or Daniel Boulud ?

Thanks Vegaslonglegs, I think I misunderstood Rosemary's...I will follow your advice here because the other two sound so scrumptious and I do want to have the full experience on ambience etc.

About Dubai: it is the most marvellous multi-cultural society - just walking around it feels like one of the safest places on the planet (have been in Egypt which felt completely the opposite). I felt so safe in Dubai, I had no problem to go out by myself to the great shopping malls - which are experiences in themselves - to be seen to be believed :) Hubby also remarked that for him, it was the most relaxing holiday he had in his life, simply because he felt so relaxed out and about. Dubai is swimming in fabulous wealth, but it is its open and welcoming attitude to many cultures that makes it so special. I do not know if they have any problems to welcome people of the Jewish faith though...you could always look into it and find out :) That wouldn't hurt. Some other Arab countries look down on white people, but never felt the least bit uncomfortable in Dubai.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Andre's (Downtown) or Daniel Boulud ?

Thank you for your reply. I'll do some more research on Dubai.

You'll be very pleased with Andre's & DB!

Enjoy!

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Andre's (Downtown) or Daniel Boulud ?

You are making wise choices. Rosemary's has excellent food, it's the whole package that they don't have.

Jerome, AZ
Level Contributor
799 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Andre's (Downtown) or Daniel Boulud ?

agree to drop rosemarys, If you want a strip mall experience, try Todds fine dining or the Sage.

Would also save one afternoon for the Hot Juicy Crawfish, don't miss the sausage !!!