We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

24 hour Buffet Pass (TRs)

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chandler
Level Contributor
294 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
24 hour Buffet Pass (TRs)

One more question (arriving tomorrow!!):

Has anyone bought this and what was your experience?

I like to gamble and sometimes forget to eat while in Vegas, so not sure if I can make good use of it, but it sounds tempting (esp if PH's buffet is as good as it is rated)...

Thanks!

Newington
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 24 hour Buffet Pass (TRs)

We were there in Sept and ate at the PH buffet and I was not impressed.....Bellagio and Wynn have such a better buffet......Im not sure a 24 hr buffet pass is a good idea....Too uch food especially if you don't eat much....

Dewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 24 hour Buffet Pass (TRs)

If you like to eat its great....Try the Rio buffet too....

We enjoyed the PH Buffet,Mexican section was lovely and also the asian kebabs...

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
7,887 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 24 hour Buffet Pass (TRs)

Tons of posts on this - just use the search function.

The short answer is more or less this: If you enjoy buffets and can time it so you get two dinners (PH and Rio are best) then it's probably worthwhile.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
23,825 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 24 hour Buffet Pass (TRs)

Forget the quantity is the quality (or lack of) that keeps me away from buffets, so Id never consider doing it. I dont eat at even one buffet, let alone breakfast, lunch and dinner.

AZ
Level Contributor
3,674 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 24 hour Buffet Pass (TRs)

We have only done it a couple of times but really liked it. Is it the best quality? ~Nope~ but it is a good value and you only have to eat as much as you want to. We like to go for snacks and the specialty items like the curry at PH and the noodle station at Rio. It is an especially good deal if you have a Platinum or higher TR card so don't have to stand in the lines which can be prohibitive of just popping in for a snack.

Hermitage...
Level Contributor
765 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 24 hour Buffet Pass (TRs)

With the TR credits I have won from the game, I am thinking about buying myself and two of my friends the 24 hr. pass. One of my friends is on a tight budget, so this would take care of quite a few meals. I don't eat huge amounts of food, but I like the idea of being able to stop in for a snack or some drunken desserts. If I only get a dinner and a lunch it would still be worth it to me since it will be free.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 24 hour Buffet Pass (TRs)

Brent, don't bother with prepaid food. There are so many reasonable options for food and drinks that you don't need to fork out the cash for the buffet. Miracle Mile - PH area has great deals on food from happy hour at PF changs, to Earl of Sandwich, Fresh Bar, Ocean One - many have Restaurant.com coupons. ABC has take to go beers and wine, liquor. No need to book ahead at a buffet .

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
526 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 24 hour Buffet Pass (TRs)

We did this, and even though I limited myself to 2 plates & desserts per meal, I felt constantly stuffed and bloated.

And it makes sense since, even with just 2 plates, I was eating way more than I ever do... I normally eat a small breakfast & no lunch, but I forced myself to eat 4 meals in 24 hours. And all buffets essentially have the same foods (just varying qualities & variations), lots of starch.

Shelby Township...
Destination Expert
for Paradise
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 24 hour Buffet Pass (TRs)

Buffets are a sensitive topic and everyone's taste difffers. For us, the Spice Market Buffet at Planet Hollywood was very good. And the Carnival World buffet at Rio was even better.

Chicago
Level Contributor
579 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 24 hour Buffet Pass (TRs)

I've done it in the past and probably will again on my upcoming trip. If you time it right it can be a very good deal. If you consider that its easy to spend $10 on coffee, muffin and piece of fruit for breakfast or coffee and a pastry as a snack the value can be more obvious

My "Buffet Day" might look something like this

9pm - dessert/snack at Harrahs

7am - breakfast at Paris - fruit, juice and a crepe

1pm - lunch at Flamingo or Harrahs - either is fine for basic lunch food/salad

7pm - dinner at Planet Ho or Paris

buffet pass will be covered by TR credits or I could spent 50-70 or more purchasing similar food outright at other venues within the same properties