We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Executive Shuttle or taxi?

Alberta
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Executive Shuttle or taxi?

On arrival at 630pm I thought instead of fighting the lineup for taxi to just go to Door 8 and take the shuttle to the MGM but on return of course we will take a taxi as the shuttle picks up atleast 2.5 hrs ahead of departure.

From past experience is their a lineup for shuttle as well? Just want to get to hotel quicker...but then it probably stops at hotels along the way, right? :(

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
21,474 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Executive Shuttle or taxi?

"Just want to get to hotel quicker...but then it probably stops at hotels along the way, right?"

If you want to get to the hotel quicker I'd avoid any shuttle service - you may sit waiting for it to fill up and as you already know you could get a tour of other hotels before getting to the MGM.

The taxi should be quicker and probably cost something similar.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
44,581 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Executive Shuttle or taxi?

We. That's all I need to see to answer. If there is more than one person it is cheaper to take a cab than a shuttle to MGM. And more importantly more comfortable. The last thing most of us want to do after a flight is ride on a bus.

You would think that MGM would always be the 1st stop for a shuttle. But amazingly enough it doesn't work that way.

Nevada
Level Contributor
3,234 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Executive Shuttle or taxi?

If you decide to take the shuttle, I would avoid Executive. Allegiant airlines is currently using Executive, and they get quite busy.

I have had very good luck using Ritz/Ambassador Shuttle at Door # 11. $7.00 to the strip hotels per person.

Ritz/ Ambassador does start their drop offs from the south end of the strip, so you would be one of the first to be dropped off.

The shuttle busses, are small, not large busses as Ktinca indicated.

The shuttle drivers are friendly, and the shuttle are clean, unlike some cabs.

Edited: 22 March 2012, 22:40
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
680 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Executive Shuttle or taxi?

We decided to do a shuttle this time, after always doing taxis, and we won't do it again! We waited at least 20-30 mins. for the boarding process, and then it took another 30-40 to get to our hotel. This was with Showtime, and they have different shuttles for different areas of the Strip. The ride was fine, but the extended time to get to our hotel was a deal breaker for future trips.

Mentioned in this post
The Strip
The Strip
27,845 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Decorah, Iowa
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Executive Shuttle or taxi?

Skip executive and take a cab! Especially if there is more than one of you, share a cab. But even if there isn't, get a cab! They get you to buy the tickets while in-flight (such as with Allegiant), claiming it will save time and money. There is NOT any money savings (exact same price) and certainly NOT any time savings. You get out there and even though you have a ticket, you stand in this obscenely long line to get the real ticket! Then they point you to a cattle call area for diffierent shuttles going different places. On the plane, they "guaranteed" no more than three stops. There was no guarantee and there were people from nine different hotels packed into our bus. It is a rip-off and time-waster. We had purchased round-trip tickets but got in a cab on our way back to the airport anyway. We were willing to eat the money spent to avoid the time drain and frustration.

Decorah, Iowa
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Executive Shuttle or taxi?

Skip executive, take a cab! Especially if there is more than one of you, share a cab. But even if there isn't, get a cab! They get you to buy the tickets while in-flight (such as with Allegiant), claiming it will save time and money. There is NOT any money savings (exact same price) and certainly NOT any time savings. You get out there and even though you have a ticket, you stand in this obscenely long line to get the real ticket! Then they point you to a cattle call area for diffierent shuttles going different places. On the plane, they "guaranteed" no more than three stops. There was no guarantee and there were people from nine different hotels packed into our bus. It is a rip-off and time-waster. We had purchased round-trip tickets but got in a cab on our way back to the airport anyway. We were willing to eat the money spent to avoid the time drain and frustration.

SGF, MO
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Executive Shuttle or taxi?

Shuttle one, taxi two or more...

Canada
Level Contributor
3,811 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Executive Shuttle or taxi?

Ruteye has already been, come back AND written a trip report. Good info though.

Alberta
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Executive Shuttle or taxi?

It's up to the person but our very first trip 20 yrs ago we took a shuttle it was included in our package I am sure, we thought it was typical waiting as long as we did (1st timers right? what do we know) and we did see a few hotels as back then we stayed at the Aladdin (PH now).

Since then we have always taken a cab and yeah sometimes going thru Door 1 it looks so busy but they have one or two taxi guides (not sure what they are called haha) and they give you a number to wait for your cab. We have never waited more than 10 mins and maybe we have been lucky but our cabs have been clean. $20 w/tip and we are there out of the cab and walking into the lobby of MGM in 10 mins if traffic is good. We usually take a later afternoon flight get in around 630pm and checkin has always been smooth sailing.

Enjoy your trip but saving $8 isnt worth 1 hour in waiting time when you are in VEGAS BABY!

Mentioned in this post
Texas
Level Contributor
500 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Executive Shuttle or taxi?

My trip from the airport to the MGM was just over $12 since there was no traffic. Total with tip was $16. It was more important for me to start my vacation than save a couple of bucks.