We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seating in Terry Fator Theater

Saginaw, Michigan...
Level Contributor
110 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Seating in Terry Fator Theater

Can anyone tell me about the seating in the Terry Fator Theater? We are looking at buying tickets for a stand up comedian show there and they have 3 price ranges. I'm thinking I should buy the most expensive tickets to make sure we can see the comedian on stage. I was leaning towards the mid price tickets earlier but starting to think for an extra $10 each maybe I should just book the most expensive tickets. Any advice?

cbocean
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seating in Terry Fator Theater

we either had middle or cheap tickets and the seats were fine. It isn't huge in there so I wouldn't pay for the most expensive tickets.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seating in Terry Fator Theater

Plus there are screens on either side of the theatre which show him as well.

We sat in the cheaper seats toward the back and had a great time. Unless it's just important to be up front I would save the money.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4,880 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seating in Terry Fator Theater

While you can see well from anywhere in the theater, for standup, close and center is much better.

I saw Kevin James/Ray Romano from the second row and it was like being in a club. They didn't use the video screens during the show, iIRC.

Saginaw, Michigan...
Level Contributor
110 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seating in Terry Fator Theater

Thank you for your replies. I am leaning towards the front since it's only $10 more than the middle price and hopefully we will be up close to the stage.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Seating in Terry Fator Theater

We sat four rows from the stage in the center and it was great. I know some people will say you can see fine on the big screens but for a ventriloquist act, I want to see him up close. I'd buy his DVD for a lot less than the price of a ticket if that wasn't the case.... :-)

Midland, TX
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seating in Terry Fator Theater

I agree that in that theatre--close is better. We were 4 rows back, center seceion. Those were great seats. You might call the box office and asked for something close in the center. You don't want to be off to the side too far or you won't be able to see real well. It was fun "not" to see his mouth move. If we had been very much further back, we would have had to rely on the screens to see him. Those are fine, but it's better to actually be able to see the performer live. Also, the theatre isn't severely raked like some of the newer ones, The slope up toward the back is subtle so the view isn't great if you get behind a tall or big headed person. Sit close. You will love it. Have fun!

7. Re: Seating in Terry Fator Theater

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 08:15