We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

$200 a day?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
244 reviews
Save Topic
$200 a day?

Can I manage with $200 a day for food, entertainment, drinks etc.

I usually eat at cheap to mid range places, don't drink or gamble too much.

The shows and tours I am doing are already booked so are not included in the $200. I just can't remember how much I took last time.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,727 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: $200 a day?

Some people would do very well with that amount. Others would blow through it before breakfast.It's up to you, really.

What kind of "entertainment" would be the big question. And is this for one person or two?

England
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: $200 a day?

for 1 person. Not sure on entertainment but so far have ideas for Piano bars, Dig This, seeing the dolphins at Mirage, Flamingos at Flamingo etc, maybe hiring a day bed 1 day.

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: $200 a day?

one person can definately work with 200 per day. As Irishfan stated though, it is really up to you.

England
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: $200 a day?

great. Thanks.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: $200 a day?

That question is really hard to answer. Just all depends on the individual person, probably wouldn't be enough for me! A day bed at the pool (depending what day of the week) could actually cost you more than the $200, just depends also on where you are staying too.

London
Level Contributor
751 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: $200 a day?

I did it with $300 per day and to be honest I did struggle somedays. Hopefully you should do better as you say you have your shows booked. Make sure you seperate the $200 into envelopes for different days, helps to keep you in check.

Have a great time!

Jo

Mass
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: $200 a day?

Food, entertainment, drinks and tips...the 2 of us get by on much less than that. We are not high end diners. Gambling is another story. We go for a week and usually don't spend more than $500 for food, tips, drinks etc. A lot of choices in every price range.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,975 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: $200 a day?

easily!

cheers

shirl'

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: $200 a day?

yes, you can. just eat cheap and don't go crazy until the evenings/nights. My first trip was 5 days and took like $700 total. did not know what I was getting into. you can just walk around and people watch for free for hours!

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
6,012 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: $200 a day?

Somewhere you have to budjet for a fantastic show or restaurant, etc, just to treat yourself.