We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Attn LuciaLucia New Slots

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Topic
Attn LuciaLucia New Slots

I just got back from Vegas last night and I checked out the new Wheel of Fortune for us at the Barbary Coast. It is a life size wheel like the one on TV. There are nine seats around the wheel. Some of the seats are single and some are bench style so someone can sit with you while your are playing. The wheel is divided into sections from 100 times your bet up to 5,000 times your bet.

When one person gets three or more wheel bonus symbols it starts a ten second countdown and anyone else that gets the symbols during that time also get to participate in the spin.

The bets range from a minimum of eighty cents to four dollars. You have an arrow in front of your seat so when the wheel stops in front of you, you can get from 100X to 5000X your bet.

I went back twice and played for about half an hour each time but never won a big amount. The lady sitting next to me had accrued $721.00 playing $1.60 each spin so some people were having good luck. She had been playing for over an hour.

I did have good luck on another new slot. I played it at Harrahs where I was staying. It is called BLAZING SEVENS HOT SHOT. It is a penny machine that you can play twenty cents to cover all of the lines up to two dollars. It is like a regular penny blazing seven machine except imbedded in the game are five miniature blazing "7"s games. They are all different. I can't remember all of them but one is the regular game...one is getting the "7"s in a diamond pattern, and another is three "7" times as the jackpot.

When you get three of the miniature slot machines the slot machine shouts "HOT SHOT" and the miniature slot machines spin one at a time and you win accordingly. Also a pay table pops up and it shows how much you win depending how much you bet.

In order to get the major jackpots you have to bet the maximum.

I was playing on Monday and I was playing max coins and I got three of the hot shot games and one was the three "7" times symbols. It spun and I got one "7" times symbol and then I got another and was starting to sweat and then I got a blazing "7" symbol. If I had gotten three of the "7" times symbols it would have paid $20,000!!

However I got forty nines time the blazing "7" symbol for a total of "2,460.00!!

So I was very happy with that to say the least. I went back yesterday morning and won another smaller jackpot for $237.00.

Hope this makes sense. It is hard to explain some of those penny machines.

Tuesday the high was fifty one degrees. That is a record for the coldest high temp for that date in Vegas. It rained and there was hail the size of marbles at Harrahs!

Have fun next month in Vegas!

Steve

Minot, North Dakota
Level Contributor
752 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Attn LuciaLucia New Slots

SFO Steve,

Where in Harrah's is that Blazing 7"s Hot Shot? South side front - North side area - general location of it please.

You are talking $XXX.XX as in hundreds on this, right?

Hubby (the male)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
678 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Attn LuciaLucia New Slots

Yay for SFOSteve!

I am so happy for you Steve. You have been a sweety to everyone on this board and I think everyone will agree with me on this.

Furthermore, I am so happy that you had a wonderful time in Vegas. Now, when I go next month, I'll try and find the new slots at Harrah's. Also, I'll try "our"(smile) machine out at the Barbary Coast and I'll let you know the results. I can't wait to try it out.

In addition, I'll see if there are any new machines as well. So, I guess it might be a little cooler than expected in Vegas next month as well. That's okay.

Steve, you have been inspiration to me and others on this board. I'm keeping you in my prayers because you touched my life in a positive way. With God's blessings to you and all whom you love,

Sincerely, Lucia

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Attn LuciaLucia New Slots

Way to go Steve! I have to check that machine out next month when I am there. Sounds like fun! I just love the games with the bonuses.

Canada
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Attn LuciaLucia New Slots

Thank you very much for your report on the new slots, Steve. It is very nice to hear about these things in advance, gives me a little more ammo to feed the fantasies with!

Congratulations on your win, here's hoping you'll have many more!

PV

San Francisco
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Attn LuciaLucia New Slots

Thanks everyone! The HOT SHOT blazing 7s machines are to the right as you come in from the entrance near the Carnaval Court. There is a big electronic sign above them. It rings and announces the winning machine when you get one of the mini machine jackpots.

NDSnowbirds -- the mini games (five of them) have jackpots ranging from about $20.00 up to the highest which is $20,000. The $20,000 one is the one i got a lesser jackpot of $2,460.00 on. They all reset when someone wins them. There are literally people lined up behind the seats to use these machines. There are eight machines. You pick the person you see has the lowest total on their score and stand behind them (discreetly) and dash for the seat when they get up!!

Lucia don't worry about the weather. It is supposed to be in the high seventies this weekend, so it changes by the minute!.It was neat when I was there because all of the mountains to the west of Vegas were covered in snow.

Check out the new FLAVORS buffet at Harrahs. It is really good. It is smaller than the RIO's but I think the food is better. They hand out $5.00 off coupons in front of the Carnaval Court. Try the bread pudding and put some of the vanilla sauce on it. Also they have chocolate peanut butter ice cream that is declicious.

I am going back next month but I have two dates booked and I can't decide when to go!

Steve

Canada
Level Contributor
412 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Attn LuciaLucia New Slots

SFOSteve....Thankyou very much for checking out the slots for all of us. We all really appreciate it. I am not going till July but I can already feel the excitement. Congratulations on your wonderful win. I am so happy for you.I only play slots( about 16 hours a day)so I love to hear anything about slots. Thankyou again.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
678 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Attn LuciaLucia New Slots

Thanks again SFOSteve!

I've already put the HotShot on my list of slots to play. I can't wait to go. I hope everyone wins something. Lucia

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Attn LuciaLucia New Slots

Steve, can you explain what you mean by "you pick the person you see has the lowest score?"

Canada
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Attn LuciaLucia New Slots

3katmama;

I believe he meant the person with the lowest credits, which would be assuming that they are running out of money and will get up and leave when they run out, which is really a pretty sneaky way to get onto your favorite slots that are always busy... I am disappointed that I haven't thought of it long ago!

Smart thinker, Steve!

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Attn LuciaLucia New Slots

Oh okay!!! That does make sense, never thought of that either. LOL