We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

byob at mirage pool?

british columbia
Level Contributor
128 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
byob at mirage pool?

not to be cheap, and I'm not above ordering a few poolside drinks but, I'm curious if anyone has had experience with bringing their own cocktail to the mirage pool? How strict are they?

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: byob at mirage pool?

I'm sure that people successfully take cocktails poolside disguised as other things but it's not officially permitted and if you tried to do it openly you'd be stopped from doing so. Poolside cocktails are a nice source of revenue for hotels that they're not going to want to lose.

If you do decide to try the "sneaking stuff in" tactic, please remember no glass containers of any description.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: byob at mirage pool?

Even though I'm a huge fan of the Mirage, the prices of the pool drinks are crazy! But, I would caution you to be very careful bringing in your own.

Edit: I don't think that a few gift shop beers, if they are in a bag, would be a big deal.

Edited: 30 March 2012, 14:19
Eastern Mass
Level Contributor
957 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: byob at mirage pool?

Bloody mary at Pool $22!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: byob at mirage pool?

Wow, I thought it was nuts when they were $18!

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: byob at mirage pool?

That's it...I'm bringing my vodka in a water bottle...ahahahahha

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: byob at mirage pool?

So following on from this, you aren't allowed to openly take your own cans of beer to the pool side? So to get around it, take them in a gift shop bag, or rucksack or something and you probably will be ok?

(I only ask because I'm sure I've read a few TR where people say they take there own beer pool side)!

Thanks

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: byob at mirage pool?

You probably could chaddy just keep it on the quiet side...don't bring in an electric cooler on wheels!!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: byob at mirage pool?

I'm just sayin', it's better to be safe that sorry. Having participated in a few quasi-illegal activities (i.e. sneaking alcohol into places where it's not allowed), it's better to fly under the radar and fade into the background than be confrontational.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: byob at mirage pool?

Well I was trying to think of a way of keeping them cool in the Vegas heat, but not having much look! Ah well, I'll just have to drink warm beer. Not a problem!

Care to share some of them quasi-illegal activities with us Breeze?

San Diego
Level Contributor
5,140 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: byob at mirage pool?

if you fill your shoe flask and secretly drink from it no one would ever know.

you do have a shoes flask dont you?

cracked.com/article_16342_james-bond-boozing…