We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets to Viva Elvis

Boston...
Level Contributor
112 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Tickets to Viva Elvis

We got free tickets to this show, going next Friday night. Anyone seen it and what did you think...we are all Elvis fans!

Midland, TX
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets to Viva Elvis

We saw it and enjoyed it. I don't think it's as good as Love or O, but it was fun. There's a lot of fun dance numbers. It's more like a review than a circus. There are some acrobatics, but not as many as in some of the cirque shows. Again, we thought it was fun! Enjoy.

Kitchener Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets to Viva Elvis

I enjoyed it and not a big Elvis fan. The wife enjoyed it too. There are lots of negative reviews, but you cant please everyone one! Free is even better. I assume you got the book 3 nights deal and get a free show? I did the same and we picked that show again lol.

Boston...
Level Contributor
112 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets to Viva Elvis

Yes, FREE with booking...

Kitchener Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets to Viva Elvis

That is great enjoy! I am sure you will. It has some very slow moments with music and lighting and 1 person on stage. Then it has moments that are very fast and bright with many many people on stage.

Boston...
Level Contributor
112 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets to Viva Elvis

Sounds like fun. We have never been to a cirque show, but are not really fans of the cirque routines....hoping this is more song and dance fun, than acrobatics...but whatever it is...FREE is wonderful and I know we will enjoy!

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
221 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tickets to Viva Elvis

Saw it in December. Enjoyed it.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tickets to Viva Elvis

Went 3 nights ago. also with free tickets. Really good seats as well. We really enjoyed it. Even if I thought it did drag a little a couple times in the middle.

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
409 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tickets to Viva Elvis

We saw Viva Elvis about 10 days ago and loved it! They had a method of having occasional videos of Elvis singing a song while their live band was playing along, and it amazed me. The retooling with 2 new Cirque acts must have made a difference, because I saw it as a great combination of Cirque and an homage to Elvis.

I liked that the story line told the history of Elvis's career. The musicians, dancers, and Cirque performers were all amazing, as were the costumes. I would see it again in a heartbeat and highly recommend the show. I can't believe it is closing, mostly likely due to location and demographic of the home hotel not fitting the demographic of the show, according to some people who work there.

Vancouver, WA
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tickets to Viva Elvis

"We have never been to a cirque show, but are not really fans of the cirque routines..."

I'm sorry, but you really gave me a good laugh with that.

Haven't seen it. Looks like many on the board who saw it really enjoyed it.

Past posts have not been so positive- so much so, as a die-hard Cirque lover (like the routines- the ones I've SEEN) but read enough to decide to pass and see others. And then came the report it is going dark. 1st and only Cirque show to ever close, kinda reassured me I wasn't missing much. Seen multiple clips, and they look good; but whereas LOVE uses actual Beatles recordings, Elvis has 3 women singing the songs? That part i don't get.

But, hey it may change your opinion on Cirque. Hope you like the routines- after you see them! And FREE is good.

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
409 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tickets to Viva Elvis

Punkado, the 2 women who sang a couple of Elvis songs were phenomenal singers! Parts of one or more songs were duets sung with Elvis shown on a video and a track of his voice singing while the female sang along and the live band played.

I don't know why people were put off by the idea women were singing Elvis songs. After seeing the show last week, I seriously could not figure out why someone would think Elvis's songs can only be sung by Elvis to be taken seriously. How many of "his" songs have become best-selling tracks by numerous other musicians?

Sorry, I just didn't get that criticism after seeing the show. They did re-tool the show and add 2 Cirque acts. This show is tied for my 2nd favorite Cirque show.

JMHO

Edited: 01 April 2012, 03:37