We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Im Having Second Thoughts About Cosmo

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
Save Topic
Im Having Second Thoughts About Cosmo

Hi,

My fiance and I are coming to Vegas for our honeymoon on May 17th for 1 week after spending the week before in NYC getting married.

I have booked the Cosmopolitan for the week and got a really good rate of $1721 for a one bedroomed Terrace.

I really wanted to book this hotel as it has the terrace, I think it would be lovely to sit out on the balcony and most of the hotels dont have balconies.

I had read the reviews before I booked and obviously knew that a lot of the reviews are not that great especially about service but I was willing to forego the service for the balcony.

Now I'm not so sure, Ive been reading through the reviews again and they just dont seem to be learning their lesson or listening to their customers about what they want ie, clean rooms and good customer service.

We wont be flying into Vegas until approx 11pm so by the time we get to the hotel it will be stupid O clock in the morning and I was really hoping to have a Fountain View but they will probably all be gone by the time we get there as people throughout the day could have upgraded.

Basically, what I would like to know is do you think I should try and find somewhere better for aroujnd the same amount of money or would this not be possible???

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All American Helicopter...
6,719 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$494.95
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,103 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Deluxe Grand Canyon All American...
511 reviews
from US$426.99*
US$527.50
Special Offer
Ultimate Grand Canyon 4-in-1...
948 reviews
from US$669.99*
US$727.00
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,888 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Im Having Second Thoughts About Cosmo

May should be perfect weather to enjoy the balcony. And all hotels have service issues from time to time.

If you did your homework and decided Cosmo was right for you, I'd stick with that.

I'm not sure about the view - did you pay extra for a fountain view? If you did and they do indeed give it away (I would tell them of your late arrival) it might be that you spend your first night in a non-view room then move the next day. If you were hoping to be upgraded for free, there was no guarantee of that ever happening, no matter what time you arrived.

USA
Level Contributor
939 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Im Having Second Thoughts About Cosmo

I think Cosmo is the perfect choice. One of the best locations on the strip. Virtually new property. Some of the hottest clubs and restaurants. Great, young, hip vibe.

As Warm mentions, all properties have a service issue from time to time. If you read the reviews, always keep in mind that folks with complaints are more likely to post than those who are satisfied. Which is not to suggest that reviews do not have great value, they do. Cosmo is fine.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
840 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Im Having Second Thoughts About Cosmo

My hubby & I stayed at the 1 bedroom terrace room at the Cosmo last August. Our decision was based on wanting to try something new and it was next/close to the City Center.

We weren't particular about the view but did want a location where noise from the club would be a minimum. The front desk accommodated our request.

My thoughts/review below:

- Room was great. I loved the separation between the bedroom and living space. The bar/kitchenette is useful only to mix drinks, rinse glasses and minimal use of the frig. I used the cabinets to store some of our stuff.

- We had no problems with broken items or things not working in our room.

- IMO if you are there for a week you will appreciate the space of the room and separation of areas.

- The view from our balcony although not a fountain/strip view was very interesting. It had more of a mountain view w/ I believe the airport in the distance. We were in a high floor.

- Great closet place. There is no dresser in the bedroom. Small bedroom.

- Loved the bathroom and Japanese soaking tub.

- I found room service to not be a problem. But we are low maintenance in that regards. My hubby is very good at leaving a daily tip and have found that works wonders when we request things or want something placed in our room.

- Disappointed in the pool areas and cabanas. I don't know if this is of importance to you. I found the pool spaces to be tight and in August it was hot as h** but I refused to pay for a cabana that was little more than a dark closet. The music was great and if you would like to pay for the marquee day club it might be better there.

- the selections of restaurants and bars was fabulous. Loved the Bond bar and it was a nightly stop for us. Some of the more 'named' restaurants are in the hotel. The budget range is good. Holstein's for burgers seems to be popular. Plus the secret pizza place is a must.

- Didn't go to the Marquee club there was too much attitude going on with the front hosts. It could have been that we are older and they were looking for a specific mix that night. It didn't spoil our stay we just went over to the Aria at Golds Lounge.

I would recommend the Cosmo. We would stay there again but we want to try the pools at the Caesars. We too will be there on May 17th.

Congratulations,

HSC

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Im Having Second Thoughts About Cosmo

Ok feeling a bit better now.

I was really happy with my choice and I think I have got a really good deal on the room, Ive been looking at prices the last few days and nothing is coming close to being as cheap for what we have especially for the room type.

Werent looking for a free upgrade (although if we could it would be lovely) but I dont think I had the choice when I booked it, this is possibly why it was cheaper, but there was nothing to say that it wouldnt be a fountain view either.

Will just have to take what we can get at the time we get there.

You are right Love, people are more likely to write a bad review as opposed to a good one but the same problems do seem to rear their heads in a lot of peoples reviews.

Will just have to keep my fingers and toes crossed for no bad experiences. Dont want to have a mugshot taken like one of the reviewers claims to have had done to them and a permanent ban!!!

Ontario
Level Contributor
557 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Im Having Second Thoughts About Cosmo

My first stay at Cosmo was in a wrap-around terrace suite......we were thrilled with our stay. The customer service we experienced on all levels was fantastic, room was perfect. We were upgraded on that stay to celebrate my 50th to a suite overlooking the Bellagio fountains. We had a wraparound booked initially, but not the premium view. We had absolutely no issues. Heading to Wynn in April, but we have booked Cosmo for part of our June trip which will be split between Cosmo and Encore. I'd stick with your original plans and judge for yourself.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Im Having Second Thoughts About Cosmo

Thanks HSC thats a very comprehensive guide you have written and its very much appreciated.

The pool area is quite important to me so thanks for the info, I actually put a post up a few hours previously asking about the Cosmo pools.

We are in our late 20's so I think the louder pool areas will be fine for us, as long as I am able to get a sun lounger I should be good to go.

Like yourself I am not too fussed about the room being completely cleaned everyday, as long as I have fresh towels I am usually quite happy but I would like it to be clean when we arrive, there were quite a few reviews about the people finding things belonging to previous guests in the rooms they have just checked into.

We are going to try to relax a bit as well as the week in NYC will probably have taken it out of us a bit but we also want to have fun and party a good bit to celebrate and this is what also attracted me to this hotel as it seems to be aimed at the younger crowd.

I think I need to stop reading the reviews coz I have just talked myself back into loving the idea of the Cosmo, the more I think about it the more I think its going to be a fun place to be!!!!!

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
576 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Im Having Second Thoughts About Cosmo

We enjoyed our stay at the Cosmo apart from the initial "misunderstanding" as we checked in. The room was spotless, the bed was very comfortable, our TV stopped working but was fixed no problem and we needed bedding for my son's bed which arrived quite promptly. My only disappointment was...not being there for long enough to make the most of it! Id stick with your reservation

and make sure you have plenty of wine to sit and enjoy the view from you balcony/soak tub.

Have a fab time and congrats on your forthcoming wedding.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
340 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Im Having Second Thoughts About Cosmo

I have not stayed at the Cosmo, but I have visited the property a few times. It's definitely the next place that my wife and I will be staying - if the rates can be within our budget. Cosmo has done a great job of separating themselves from the other properties by being hip and trendy without being overly pretentious.

You may not be able to upgrade based on your 7 day stay. It's more difficult for hotels to upgrade you for free when you are staying for a long period - especially over a weekend. I think that if i was planning a week long trip to Vegas, I would split it between a few properties.

If you at all worried about the Cosmo- split it up. Try 4 nights at Cosmo and 3 nights at wynncore or Venetian.

Michigan
Level Contributor
7,078 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Im Having Second Thoughts About Cosmo

I've stayed there 5 times now never had an issue with anything service has been great.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Im Having Second Thoughts About Cosmo

Save my fish - I take onboard what you are saying about moving hotels but to be completely honest I really cannot be bothered. It was something I considered but we will have had a hectic (but totally awesome, I'm sure!!!) week beforehand in NYC so wanted to be able to chill while in Vegas as well as seeing the sights once we had recovered.

Geocip, thanks for that, there just seemed to be a lot of negativity coming from the reviews.

To be honest we wont ever have stayed in 5 star accommodation before and maybe a lot of people are used to other 5 star places being a certain way and having exacting standards also. As we will be fresh into 5 star luxury we might be a little less critical of everything.

I'm starting to get really excited again about coming, I cant believe how quickly its coming round!!!!

Vegas, we're a-coming!!!!