We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Is It Like Inside A Trendy Club?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
What Is It Like Inside A Trendy Club?

Can someone paint a word picture?

I somehow just can't picture all of those highly fashionable, dressed and made up to the max girls mingling with the doofuss looking d'bag dudes I see.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,678 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What Is It Like Inside A Trendy Club?

Pictures are worth thousands of words!

http://hotchickswithdouchebags.com/

Cleveland
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What Is It Like Inside A Trendy Club?

I can just imagine how smoky!

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,130 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What Is It Like Inside A Trendy Club?

Breeze: It's probably like High School. Even if they were to let us in, we wouldn't be part of the popular fun group anyway.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What Is It Like Inside A Trendy Club?

Oh, no doubt, but also like high school dances, the girls stood on one side or were dancing while the vast majority of guys stood on the other side and gawked and dreamed up a hundred different things they would do to the girl they were too chicken to even say hello to.

Some how or other, they eventually got together and the human race continued. I'm just wondering if it is pure chaos with the lack of sexual sanity or if they are still acting like it's a high school dance with indecipherable ear-splitting electronic music and lights flashing all over.

I'm not going to go in just to find out, I'm just curious and trying round out my education.

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What Is It Like Inside A Trendy Club?

It's dark, Breeze. There are a lot of people, most of them young, and then dance floor is typically a clausterphobic nightmare. Usually you can feel the music pulsating. Tables are small and circle the room. They all have reserve signs on them, perky waitresses attached to them, and hefty price tags. Usually the bathrooms have a sign that say one person per stall. LMAO :)

USA
Level Contributor
939 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What Is It Like Inside A Trendy Club?

Funny, I have always wondered the same thing. I like lounges, but am not attracted to nightclubs...yet still curious.

I am taking my daughter and her boyfriend to Las Vegas in May to celebrate their 21st birthdays and they plan to do the nightclub scene (sans Mom and Dad). So, I am sure they will be taking iPhone pics and video to post on Facebook. Suppose I will get a first hand account from them.

We are Midwesterners, I have a feeling she will be somewhat agog at the debauchery (I suppose in my mind, I have that whole Studio 54 NYC stereotype going on...loads of crazy people with $20 drinks and spoons up their nose.)

Edited: 04 April 2012, 19:02
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
840 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What Is It Like Inside A Trendy Club?

I agree with the descriptions above. Just to add a bit more....

The clubs themselves are nice inside. If you go early you can actually see the decor before the hordes arrive. XS (and those like it) has the outdoor space that leads to the pool so you are able to leave the hordes of people and sit for a bit and breathe fresh air. Yes alot of smoking, drinking, very strong bump and grind at times and if you decide to jump in and dance some groping may take place. When it happens to me - I just laugh it off. - this from a person that is usually older than the oldest in the crowd. Probably have a sense of security I can handle the youngster ;o). Doesn't hurt that my husband is usually 4 to 6 inches taller than most guys ;o). So the nonsense stops quick.

The one thing I will say about those moms & dads that know their 21 year olds are going is the security in these clubs are some of the best I have seen. They are not going to let things get out of control. Not good for business. Plus bathrooms are not necessarily a safe place to do naughty/illegal things - I have seen security lead out many a guys and gals.

I think if you go to have fun and enjoy what a place like this has to offer you end up with wonderful memories.

HSC

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
2,737 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What Is It Like Inside A Trendy Club?

I have a coupon for thr V at Venetian, I think, is that an ultra lounge. Would like to do whatHSC615 says and go early to check it ot and leave before the youn ens come to rule the roost. What is the V like?

USA
Level Contributor
939 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What Is It Like Inside A Trendy Club?

I am pretty sure that V Bar is an uber-lounge, not a true nightclub (though they do have a DJ during late night hours if I recall.)

I thought it was a very nice lounge, not unlike any of the nice lounges on the Strip. I didn't think it was anything particularly special. Expensive drinks served in a nice environment.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
840 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What Is It Like Inside A Trendy Club?

Hi,

I took a look at the V at the Venetian. It would be considered an ultra lounge. I have passed by many times but haven't been able to go in. Since it opens at 5:00 pm I would think (but don't take my word on this - please check), there wouldn't be a cover charge. As the night progresses this would change and that is why I haven't been able to go in. I will usually go to the ultra lounges around 3 or 4. This is when the hosts are setting up the podium, velvet ropes. I ask to be placed on the guest list and they tell me to be there before 11:00 pm. I do that and have never paid a cover/entrance charge.

Going in May and this is one of my must try on this trip.

HSC