We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early arrival -Flamingo

Adelaide South...
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Early arrival -Flamingo

Hi,coming from Aust. we are arriving in early June and our flights have been changed or us to arrive in Vegas about 11.30am. We are staying at the Flamingo, is this too early to arrive at the hotel to hopefully get in to our room as I think its 4pm normally. Is it possible or will I have to pay more? Has anyone had the same experience

Ohio
Level Contributor
164 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Early arrival -Flamingo

I called and asked yesterday and was told the fee is charged if you check in before noon.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,810 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early arrival -Flamingo

2PM is standard room time. At least you'd be able to leave your luggage at the concierge and come back for the room later; but with some luck a room is available earlier. The only way to guarantee it though is booking 1 extra night (of the day before your arrival).

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

England
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early arrival -Flamingo

By the time you get thorugh imigration, get your bags, get a taxi etc you'll be nearer to 12.30-1pm. You might be ok to check in. Just depends if they have some rooms ready. Might as well try. If your room isn't ready they can keep your bags and you can go and explore/eat.

Ohio
Level Contributor
164 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Early arrival -Flamingo

Sorry, clicked submit too soon. I was told that a $25 fee is charged if you check in before noon,

NC
Level Contributor
2,498 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early arrival -Flamingo

It depends on so many things. What day of the week do you arrive? Is it during a busy time etc. I have been able to check in early at the Flamingo before, but if it's a Sunday for example, you many not get into a room early. Most Vegas hotels are sold out or close to it on the weekends, so at 11:30, they won't have completed checkouts and room cleans yet. I have never paid more at any hotel to check in early, should not be a factor.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
53,613 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early arrival -Flamingo

"2PM is standard room time. At least you'd be able to leave your luggage at the concierge and come back for the room later;"

You don't leave luggage with a concierge. The concierge (does Flamingo even have one?) assists with reservations and other services for guests.If you're looking to store luggage, go to the bell desk. That's what they do.

I'm surprised Flamingo has moved their check-in time to 2:00. That doesn't give them much time to turn rooms over. Can someone confirm this?

Adelaide South...
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Early arrival -Flamingo

Thanks for the help, my daughter and I are so looking forward to seeing and experiencing Las Vegas. We arrive on Monday the 11th June for three nights

Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,485 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Early arrival -Flamingo

I don't think check in is as early as 2. But I also can't see them charging a fee at 2 if check in starts at 4.

Cincy
Level Contributor
511 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Early arrival -Flamingo

We are always there around 11-11:30 am and only once have had to wait for our check in. We just took our bags to the bell desk and went to the pool. We have never been charged to check in early at Flamingo, but you never know what fees will added in the future. I have always been told check in was 4pm. Have fun!

California Hot...
Level Contributor
778 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Early arrival -Flamingo

Superbowl weekend we checked in at 10am. No charge, no problem. We even got a free upgrade. Do you feel lucky?