We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

location on strip of Luxor and Aria

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Topic
location on strip of Luxor and Aria

Hi

Looking to see if anyone knows which of these two hotels has the best location on the strip. Its between the Luxor and the Aria hotel. I like the look of the aria but the luxor rates are so cheap just worried it is miles away.

ANy info would be great.

Thanks

Robert

Newcastle upon...
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: location on strip of Luxor and Aria

Hi

If your decision is based solely on location then Aria would win every time. Its pretty central on the strip and is a much more modern hotel compared to The Luxor.

You should balance the location decision with all of that extra money you will have to spend in Vegas if you choose to stay at The Luxor.

How important is a room when you're in Vegas?

(listen to me, last time I was there I was in lake view room at The Bellagio!)

Go Aria every time :)

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: location on strip of Luxor and Aria

Not only does Aria have a much more central location than Luxor, it's also the vastly superior hotel in every conceivable category. Luxor is a perfectly acceptable place to stay if budget is an issue but it shouldn't really be mentioned in the same sentence as Aria.

Bear in mind that distances between Strip hotels are deceptively large. If it's your first visit to Vegas, be prepared to do LOTS of walking irrespective of which hotel you choose!

www.vegastodayandtomorrow.com/condomap.htm

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: location on strip of Luxor and Aria

Luxor is south strip, Aria is central strip, a much better location and a much nicer hotel.

Level Contributor
3,510 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: location on strip of Luxor and Aria

Property location - Aria is more central than Luxor. Unfortunately Aria has a poor site design with a long walk out the door to the street, cancelling out alot of the location advantages. I would not call Aria "Center Strip" as others have, but it is closer to the center than Luxor.

With many other options in Vegas, why have you narrowed it down to only these two? Also, be aware that both of these are charging >$25/night in resort fees on top of the advertised price.

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,356 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: location on strip of Luxor and Aria

Luxor is cheap for 2 reasons--poor locaion, a very average (to slightly below) property.

Aria is SO SO SO much nicer--and the location is nicer to boot.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,631 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: location on strip of Luxor and Aria

aria wins for location. If budget is a concern there are hotels with better locations and prices comparable to Luxor....check out Monte Carlo, Bally's, Flamingo, Harrah's, Bill's Gambling Hall....

7. Re: location on strip of Luxor and Aria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2013, 10:35