We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May 2013

Stoke on trent
Level Contributor
84 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
May 2013

I am looking to book a 5 night stay in Vegas, probably at Caesars for my husbands 50 th birthday next May. I was just wondering when the rooms are likely to be available to book, when is the best time to book, and any other tips anyone might have to ensure a great stay. Really hoping there are no big conventions that week as haven't been able to fing that out yet

Mentioned in this post
Caesars Palace
Caesars Palace
14,942 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,663 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,165 Reviews
from US$139.99*
US$224.90
Grand Canyon 4-in-1 Helicopter Tour
918 Reviews
from US$598.99*
Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May 2013

Hi

Go away and come back around christmas. Flights booked around then, rooms in Feb onwards.

Clive

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: May 2013

Hi

Should have given you this link for room deals, sign up with them and they will email you unlisted offers aswel.

www.smartervegas.com

Clive

Stoke on trent
Level Contributor
84 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: May 2013

Thanks. Advice much appreciated. Was only looking now to get rough idea of the price

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
15,417 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: May 2013

I agree it's way too early for May 2013, but a few things you can do;

Here's the convention website. Look at May 2012 to get an idea (most of the bigger conventions are roughly annual) of what's typically going on convention-wise.

vegasmeansbusiness.com/planning-tools/…

Similarly, look at room rates/deals for May 2012. This is no guarantee of next year's rates of course, but will give you a general idea.

Keep an eye on the codes on Smartervegas.com, plus sign up for emails from travelzoo.com and groupon.com, which will often have Las Vegas hotel deals.

For May, I'd expect the best deals to start appearing around Jan-Feb.

Have a great trip; the planning is half the fun!

Edited: 09 April 2012, 16:45
Mentioned in this post
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: May 2013

We just came back and started looking to go back next April/May.... After trawling through all the online companies, I was told by Thomas Cook to wait another couple of months for them to become available.... However .... Since found that direct-holidays has them on there site for May 2013 and although there are no specific deals/offers at the moment, the prices aren't too bad.

Hope this helps :)

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
989 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: May 2013

Airline fares & schedules are typically published 330 days out. As previously mentioned, still pretty early.

When booking your air travel several months in advance, keep in mind that several schedule changes will occur - so you will want to keep tabs on your flights and make adjustmentst when necessary.

Stoke on trent
Level Contributor
84 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: May 2013

Thanks for the replies. It's appreciated.

south east england
Level Contributor
303 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: May 2013

Flight will be on sale 11 months before travel here in Uk, there are room rates now,packages on sale from end July but some companies have packages available now such as thomas cook signature (scheduled flights) and thomas cook (charter flights flying from manchester) Bear in mind Thomas Cook signature is much more expensive.

Nowra, Australia
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: May 2013

Hi. I'm also going in may 2013 for my 50th . maybe we can share info on flights etc.

Nowra, Australia
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: May 2013

Hi. I'm also going in may 2013 for my 50th . maybe we can share info on flights etc.