We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much of your Jackpot would you share???

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How much of your Jackpot would you share???

Scenario: You go to Vegas with a friend or relative (other than spouse) and you win big...say $10,000, $25,000, or more. How much of your jackpot would you share with your friend?

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,485 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much of your Jackpot would you share???

Depends on of it's $10,000, $25,000, or more.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much of your Jackpot would you share???

My first thought is to split it...but then I start to think of how much my kids could use that money for their student loans, etc.....

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much of your Jackpot would you share???

I don't get it. Why would you share? Would you expect your friend to give you $5000 if you suffer a $10,000 loss? I gamble my money and my winnings are mine. My friend does the same.

Now, would I buy dinner and some drinks at a really nice place? Sure. And maybe have an overall better time than originally planned.

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,485 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much of your Jackpot would you share???

My first thought is it depends on of it's $10,000, $25,000, or more.

Burbank
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How much of your Jackpot would you share???

More.

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
209 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much of your Jackpot would you share???

How much would they share with you if they won??? I would buy them dinner and give them $500. That would make most people happy, its more than they started with. If it was immediate family thats different, it would be a considerable amount then

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,400 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much of your Jackpot would you share???

$412. Unless it were a really big jackpot. Then it would be $478.

Malibu
Level Contributor
11,175 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much of your Jackpot would you share???

Having been in the situation on numerous occasions with people who came into large sums I can say with experience that what one says or thinks they'd do may have little or no bearing on what they actually do should it happen.

Money does strange things to people.

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much of your Jackpot would you share???

Yes, I'd share...I usually go to Vegas with my best childhood friend and we always discuss it....I wouldn't give her half...but I'd probably give her a good piece of it. I won 700 bucks in Sept and I gave her 100 bucks...If I won 10 g I'd probably give her 2 grand...

Saint Joseph...
Level Contributor
2,520 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How much of your Jackpot would you share???

I'm buying drinks, food, paying for all the cabs / limos ...... but I'm NOT just handing over a pile of cash even to my best buddy ..... and, I would NEVER expect anyone to "share" with me.