We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegas this weekend

Bakersfield...
Level Contributor
262 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Vegas this weekend

Going to Vegas this weekend for cheer comp. HOw long will it take me to get from Southpoint to Convention Center at 7:30am. Also travelling with Husband, Son and Mother-in-law (70's). SOm wants to see Mob Museum and Car ealership under Wynn. Any advice on these two activities. And what else can you recommend for Mother-in-law (who doesn't gamble). Was already planning Bellagio for fountains and Gardens. Any advice would be great.

Mentioned in this post
The Mob Museum
The Mob Museum
7,772 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Wynn Las Vegas
Wynn Las Vegas
20,230 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Bellagio Las Vegas
Bellagio Las Vegas
14,406 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
London, United...
Level Contributor
17,224 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegas this weekend

This really needs to be spread out into separate questions under separate titles. And I think that's why you haven't got any replies. It's just a bit overwhelming.

But here's the funny thing, if I leave it at that someone will reply with the answers and I'll look like a tool. So do I look like a tool or do I ignore my own advice and answer your questions?

Here goes...

I don't know how long it will take you to get from Southpoint to the Convention Center because I don't know your method of transport. Assuming it's any driving method it will take 15 minutes.

What advice are you looking for on the Mob Museum and Wynn Car Dealership? My advice is don't steal a tommy gun or vintage Ferrari, neither will go down well.

Things that your mother-in-law, and the whole family, can enjoy are exploring each and every hotel, wonderful dining, lounges and lounge music, swimming in the pool and sunbathing next to it and shows ranging from Cirque du Soleil and master magicians to Broadway musicals and stand-up comedians.

If any of that comes across as facetious please ignore it all and don't hate me and just take from this reply... Fat Elvis at Bills.

Mentioned in this post
The Mob Museum
The Mob Museum
7,772 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Wynn Las Vegas
Wynn Las Vegas
20,230 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Le Cirque
Le Cirque
1,781 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
15,224 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegas this weekend

Are you sure? Every woman 70+ that I know gambles! ;-)

Agree with LDN; shows, food, just touring around are all good options. Bellagio (fountains & conservatory), Mirage (volcano), are highlights, but honestly the spectacle of most of these resorts is an attraction in itself!

RE: Wynn Ferrari dealership, this might have changed but last time I was there they wanted $10/person to go in and look around (unless you could prove that you were a Ferrari owner). This was a few years ago (before it became a combined Ferrari/Maserati dealer) but be prepared.

Mentioned in this post
Bellagio Las Vegas
Bellagio Las Vegas
14,406 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Mirage Volcano
Mirage Volcano
5,347 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Wynn Las Vegas
Wynn Las Vegas
20,230 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
London, United...
Level Contributor
17,224 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegas this weekend

Maybe the Imperial Palace Auto Collection would be a worthy alternative.

4. Re: Vegas this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 10:41