We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MC or Cosmo

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
67 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
MC or Cosmo

I leave in less than two weeks and can't make up my mind.

I'll be there for two nights (May 2nd to 4th), and have a good rate at both the MC and Cosmo. MC is $150 all in while Cosmo is $200.

I was wondering what people thought of both hotels. Is Cosmo worth an extra $25/night? How does the service compare in the two hotels? The pool? The amenities?

Both rooms are the basic ones. I'd be willing to pay up to $25/night for an upgrade at the MC if offered, but not Cosmo since I'm already paying more for it.

It's our first time in Vegas, but we're not really into the club scene, which I hear the Cosmo atmosphere caters more towards.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,569 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,035 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury...
357 reviews
from US$299.99*
US$399.00
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
302 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MC or Cosmo

Def go with Cosmo! It is at least 2 notches up from MC. The majority of Cosmo rooms have a balcony which will be great this time of year. Yes, the hotel is more of a hip boutique hotel a not so much a cookie cutter like most Vegas hotels, but it caters to all ages and will provide the ultimate Vegas experience, especially for your first trip! I have never stayed at MC (and wouldn't based on the so much better hotels available) but have stayed at Cosmo twice and loved it. The restaurants are excellent and the pools are wonderful. Can't go wrong!

Level Contributor
3,517 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MC or Cosmo

They are located right next to each other, so location is not a factor.

Are those price total, or per night? For $25 more (even if it was per night), I would chose Cosmo.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
5,180 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: MC or Cosmo

If you have the basic (e.g. the cheapest) room at the Cosmopolitan, it's the "city room." No balcony. But you may still have a view of the Bellagio fountains.

The Monte Carlo is not right next to the Cosmopolitan.

Edited: 15 April 2012, 21:56
USA
Level Contributor
939 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MC or Cosmo

No brainer...The Cosmo. Cosmo is newer, chicer, cooler...in every way the better property. I am actually a fan of MC, but would never choose it over the Cosmo unless the $ difference was significant.

Level Contributor
3,517 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MC or Cosmo

Joanner is correct. MC is not next door to Cosmo. Sorry about my mental dyslexia between city center and Cosmo. With that clarification, even more reason for Cosmo as it gets location points as well.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
28,809 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MC or Cosmo

Cosmo you will enjoy it.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
26,828 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: MC or Cosmo

Cosmo

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,869 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MC or Cosmo

For $25/night, Cosmo, no question, no discussion. The room looks much nicer with greater amenities. I've not stayed there because the rooms are always $150 - $200/night more than Monte Carlo. Not sure where you got your deal, but grab it.

With 2,995 rooms, the Cosmopolitan is anything but a boutique hotel. MC has 7 rooms more. (3,002).

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
804 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: MC or Cosmo

Yep, Cosmo. You won't regret it.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
5,088 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: MC or Cosmo