We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viva Elvis question

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Viva Elvis question

has anyone taken children to this show - we will be travelling through Vegas and have 2 five year olds- we go to lots of shows back home - she learns jazz and tap, grandparents are in bands so they are used to live music and we always play Elvis music at home

has anyone out there taken kiddies to this show ? thanks

Vancouver, WA
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Viva Elvis question

Have not seen Elvis- foremost because of it's poor reviews on here; and that it's closing due to poor attendance.

I think Mystere, or maybe KA would both be much better choices.

From what I have learned about Elvis, it's music with little Cirque. So don't believe it would hold the attention of 5 yr olds.

(Our twins just turned 6, but we havent taken them to Vegas yet. Did our son @ 5, but that's 1 to look after. I'm sure you know 2 is whole new ballgame)

Have Fun

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Viva Elvis question

I've seen the show and would not recommend it for children under about 12. Theyll get bored. There's not as much hoopla as a normal Cirque show. There are quite a few slower songs with no dancing that will bore even the most mature of 5 year olds (is that an oxymoron?).

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,651 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Viva Elvis question

I just saw Viva Elvis and loved it but there are a few slow parts. I am surprised by the reports of poor reviews actually as my group of 5 all thought it was great. The place was pretty full on Thursday. There were some kids near us and they looked like they enjoyed it. They were older than 5 but certainly not 12, probably 7 or 8. If the kids are already familiar with Elvis I think they will be fine to get through the slow parts. There are enough high energy numbers to balance out. There is also a super hero number they should really like.

I will say KA would be a great choice, the kids loved it.

Edited: 16 April 2012, 07:33
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Viva Elvis question

They'll love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Poughkeepsie, NY
Level Contributor
43 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Viva Elvis question

Went last year and didn't care for it at all. It's fine for kids. But they would love "Love".... a lot of action. Of all the Cirque shows we've seen, I would rate "O" and "Love" the highest.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Viva Elvis question

thanks everyone - :)

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,466 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Viva Elvis question

When are you traveling to Vegas? I read in a post here that Viva Elvis will be closing mid-August. I'm disappointed because I wanted to catch the show while we were there.

Over Here
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Viva Elvis question

I’ve seen both “Viva Elvis” and “Love”. I loved Elvis and am sorry to hear it is closing. However, “Love” may be a better show for kids. More stuff going on. Seats are on all sides of the stage. If you do see “Love”, I would recommend sitting about mid-way up from the stage. Although there isn’t a bad seat in the house.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,466 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Viva Elvis question

Maybe I will try the LOVE show then. Thanks for seat suggestions.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Viva Elvis question

Cirque du Soleil rock opera 'Zarkana' to replace 'Viva Elvis' at Aria.

Elvis Presley sure seemed to be more familiar in Las Vegas than "Zarkana." But that's the name Cirque du Soleil now says is the sure thing it owes Aria.

"We have the luxury today with 'Zarkana' to bring a sure bet," Daniel Lamarre, Cirque's president and chief executive officer, said Wednesday of the touring title that has sold more than a million tickets in other markets.

"We know this show is working, we know this show is successful, and we owe it to our partner to bring a sure bet," Lamarre said.

More from The LVRJ here:

lvrj.com/neon/cirque-du-s...141839903.html