We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valley of Fire - a Must See

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Valley of Fire - a Must See

Just drove through Valley of Fire. It was amazing!! The rock formations are so unique. Bring plenty of water and sunscreen.

Eat at Milo's Cellar and Wine Bar in Boulder City on your way to Hoover Dam.

A perfect day.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valley of Fire - a Must See

Glad you had a good time. I always recommend Milo's.

Fort Frances, Canada
Level Contributor
471 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valley of Fire - a Must See

Valley of Fire is amazing! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
685 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valley of Fire - a Must See

Drove thru there a few weeks ago with the family and we had a picnic near the MouseTank trailhead. Did you see the lollipop with a real baby scorpion inside it for sale at the Ranger Station gift shop? FYI: The Star Trek movie called "GENERATIONS" was partly filmed there and featured the scene where Captain Kirk gets killed.

Kitchener Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valley of Fire - a Must See

I love VOF, the wife not so much. To her it is a see it once and yay we did it now on to something else lol. I could go back there again.

There were several movies filmed there according to the placard we seen.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,363 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Valley of Fire - a Must See

Ive never been to VoF. As a former 12 year resident and frequent visitor before and after those 12 years it just never has been something Ive wanted to do.

One of these days I need to go, except now most of my trips are drive up on a Friday night or Sat morning and then back home on Sunday morning I dont have many free hours to do it.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Valley of Fire - a Must See

oh GoodBeer shame on you ;-) next time you are in town we'll take you on a hike.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,237 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Valley of Fire - a Must See

Valley of Fire is really cool,but if you ever get the chance, head over the state lines to Utah. The red rocks there are incredible.

8. Re: Valley of Fire - a Must See

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 01:17