We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR-10 days of heavy drinking and 4 different hotel stays

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sterling, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
TR-10 days of heavy drinking and 4 different hotel stays

DW and I arrived in Vegas on Easter Sunday, flying in on Allegiant out of Moline, Il. Plane landed an hour late which is pretty much the norm for Allegiant. Missed my Limo from the Palazzo. Driver left me a message on my cell and said he had to pick up another passenger and to call him when I got to the luggage carousel.

I really didn't want to wait any longer and since there was no line at the cab stand, we opted to cab it. I told the driver I had $25 that I was going to give my limo driver and it was all his and to take any route he wanted. I know he didn't take any tunnel and he even took some back alleys and got us to the Palazzo in about 12 minutes and the meter read only $16.15. Not bad, he received an $8.85 tip out of that.

Love the VIP check in at the Palazzo. So fast and they give you coffee and danish while checking in. Got a real nice suite on the 44th floor. This time we were high enough up that TI didn't block the view of the strip.

OK, 5:00 PM and time for cocktails and slots!.

Continued...

Edited: 20 April 2012, 23:52
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: TR-10 days of heavy drinking and 4 different hotel stays

Wouldn't expect anything less from you.

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
973 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR-10 days of heavy drinking and 4 different hotel stays

More please!

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TR-10 days of heavy drinking and 4 different hotel stays

Oh goodness, here comes trouble. Can't wait to read all about it.

whine country
Level Contributor
929 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: TR-10 days of heavy drinking and 4 different hotel stays

I'm just glad to have a sign he survived.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,790 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TR-10 days of heavy drinking and 4 different hotel stays

It's always 5 pm somewhere...

Sterling, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TR-10 days of heavy drinking and 4 different hotel stays

So we park our butts down at a bank of Zeus III machines that are right across from this night club with chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. Can't remember the name of it but they had a really good band. CW service was awesome, we ordered Crown on the rocks and she was back every 15 minutes with just a $2 tip each time.

We were in Vegas for a M&G with 65 members from the slotmachines forum, and a couple of them were staying at the Palazzo and they joined us. I introduced the husband to Crown, he was normally a beer drinker, but he had about 6 rounds of Crown with me. I think his wife stayed with beer, can't remember lol.

About 8:00 PM a member of the TA forum joined us. He comes up to me and says,Goldengreeke? I says yes, and he says," I'm trueblu001." What a super nice guy he is! He stayed and played slots with us for about an hour and a half and had a few cocktails with us. Soon after he left, my other two friends called it a night also. I was starting to feel a little drunk with over a dozen drinks in me and no food in my stomach since breakfast at 7:00 AM.

After that the night was kind of a blur. Drank and jammed out to the live band till 1:00 AM, 3:00 AM Illinois time, and finally got too tired and DW and I went to the room. Actually found it with no help from a security guard this time. Since we forgot to eat again like we always do that first night, we ate cashews from the mini bar and hit the hay.

continued...

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,159 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TR-10 days of heavy drinking and 4 different hotel stays

Sounds like a good trip so far... more please!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TR-10 days of heavy drinking and 4 different hotel stays

A great way to start my Friday night! Let's go!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: TR-10 days of heavy drinking and 4 different hotel stays

GG - great start. I arrive in LV in 2 days. So I am living through you TR. Don't stop...

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
3,239 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TR-10 days of heavy drinking and 4 different hotel stays

Great Start. I remember when my Dad use to offer 10 and tell the cabby to keep the change.