We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with getting a flight only from phila

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
854 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
help with getting a flight only from phila

Hi, we just got some great offers for Bill's in vegas but i started to research flights from philly and they are quite expensive ... it states we need to travel before may 30th. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where to search for inexpensive flights? We were there in Oct, which was my first time and i soooo want to go back. And we have free rooms which is a great help but the flights i found were as much as our whole trip last year..,,. any help would be so appreciated...

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,625 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,112 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
403 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
915 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
323 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help with getting a flight only from phila

Try Skyscanner

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
298 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with getting a flight only from phila

kayak.com

Westampton, New...
Level Contributor
709 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help with getting a flight only from phila

Flights from Philly are insane. The cheapest options have stops and personally I hate that. Did you try Southwest?

Aberdeen, South...
Level Contributor
189 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help with getting a flight only from phila

you could try priceline or hotwire and name your own price, but you do not get to pick times or airline. NO REFUND or CHANGES would be allowed, and you also would have baggage fees added to the cost. You might get a flight that would get you to vegas at 11 pm, and a flight leaving at 6 am. If your schedule is not tight I would give it a try, and also add an exra day from what you planned incase you do get a late flight in and early flight out.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
29,246 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help with getting a flight only from phila

I agree check Kayak.

Mullica Hill, New...
Level Contributor
7,597 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help with getting a flight only from phila

I'm looking too from Philly. If you're comparing it from last year, you're not going to find anything as cheap right now as it was last year

Other than the search suggestions already given, there's nothing out there right now it appears in terms of specials.

Gibbsboro, New...
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: help with getting a flight only from phila

We are going in July and we were fortunate enough to get a Southwest. Credit Card when you got two free flights after your first purchase. Flights are high now from Philadelphia, Did you check flight from AC Newark BWI or Allentown? Sometimes they have a sale. There should be a SW sale in June for their anniversary. Good luck

Mentioned in this post
Philadelphia
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: help with getting a flight only from phila

If the Flyers lose to the Pens in seven the whole damn city will burn! Flights will be cheap then.

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: help with getting a flight only from phila

Try BWI airport In MD.

Less than 2 hrs from PHL

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
854 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: help with getting a flight only from phila

Thanks everyone,,, I did try hotwire and price line and also kayak but all were over 400 per person with layovers.. and i agree, i'm not fond of layovers...

I am so see that Roadnut, our trip in Oct was $490 pp for 6 days including flight and hotel and transportation back and forth to airport. I also tried spirit from AC and it was only $20 cheaper pp. I'm gonna see if southwest is cheaper or the other airports in the area. Thanks again.. If you see anything else just let me know and ill post if i see a deal so others can take advantage of it too!