We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which downtown show?

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
220 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Which downtown show?

ACG has 2 for 1's to Gordie Brown (GN), Mike Hammer (4 Queens) and Kevin Burke (Fitz/D, whatever it is now, lol). We will probably only have time to catch one. Any recommendations?

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,773 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Which downtown show?

We saw Kevin Burke in February. Not a bad show for the price. Meant to get to Mike Hammer, but ran out of time.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which downtown show?

We saw Gordie Brown and loved it! Great impersonator, funny, and entertaining. The theatre is small and intimate and he interacts with the audience. I would recommend him, although I haven't seen the other shows you listed.

OXFORD UK
Level Contributor
457 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which downtown show?

Have only seen Gordie Brown....Thought he was great.

Pinehurst, North...
Level Contributor
143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which downtown show?

IMO -- gordie brown was not that entertaining and he's the best of the three. The live bands (that are free) downtown usually offer good entertainment.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which downtown show?

I thought Kevin Burke was funny! I saw Mike Hammer when it was Spike and Hammer and thought it was a waste of time. Maybe he is better now that he is alone? I have never seen Gordie Brown. I would definitely see Kevin Burke again and am thinking about seeing his show when we are there in a couple months.

Toronto Ontario
Level Contributor
95 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which downtown show?

Gordie Brown;

why he's not at a big stip hotel is beyond me. He is talented and personable.....and Canadian as well.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which downtown show?

I saw Gordie in Feb. and Kevin last year. Both were very good. Gonna see Hammer in June. His show is very well reviewed here on TA.

Don't think you can go wrong with any of these choices. Some snobbish types think if a show's not on the Strip it's no good. Not true at all!

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
220 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which downtown show?

Thanks for the responses. Good to have different opinions to consider. We are going to see Phantom one evening, but thought it would also be fun to catch something a little "lighter" (and cheaper) while we're downtown.

Centennial
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which downtown show?

I thought Hamner was boring, but DH found it entertaining.

Burke sounds interesting, is he funnier in his own show or in Caveman? I may check him out.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
4,345 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which downtown show?

Gordie Brown is easily the best show downtown.

Hammer 's show could easily be a free afternoon show.

Consider Frankie Moreno at the Stratosphere. .

Edited: 23 April 2012, 05:47