We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancel Vegas. Go To London........

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cancel Vegas. Go To London........

vegasinc.com/news/…

London?? Aye right!

I think not!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,721 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancel Vegas. Go To London........

Much as I love Vegas, I have to agree there are any number of other wonderful places to visit. I'd love to see London and a number of other places across the pond. Had plans to go in august that have now fallen through...booo. Someday, though.

I'd cancel at least one trip to Vegas to head overseas if I had to, but Vegas is so cheap and doable for me, i don't usually have to choose between it and other destinations in a year. Very fortunate that way. The only thing holding me back from both overseas and Vegas would be the vacation time from work. I'd need weeks off to explore Europe, etc which wouldn't leave time for Vegas. But I don't have to choose between say Vegas and Bahamas or Vegas and Florida because those vacations are much shorter

Toronto,Canada
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancel Vegas. Go To London........

Love Vegas! This October will be my 5th trip.

That being said my wife and i toured Europe on our Honeymoon 5 yrs ago

London Paris Rome Monaco Colgne

Incredible. If you can afford the time and the cost everyone should see those cities

Boston
Level Contributor
24,559 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancel Vegas. Go To London........

LOL , please, there’s only a hand full on that list that’s believable, and NY City and LV are two of them, the rest is crap.

Londen LOL,LOL

SGF, MO
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancel Vegas. Go To London........

Vegas #17 overall and #4 in the US? Matters of individual preference.

Vegas is an entirely unique destination. Good reasons to go to all on the list but I can't see Chicago over Vegas. Really, who goes to Chicago strictly on vacation? And London certainly would be no where near my #1.

5. Re: Cancel Vegas. Go To London........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 May 2012, 21:05
Boston
Level Contributor
24,559 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancel Vegas. Go To London........

The TOP 50 destinations in the world

and London is in there as number two, hard to believe.

…viator.com/top-50-travel-destinations/

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
156 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cancel Vegas. Go To London........

IMO you would go to London and Las Vegas for totally different things so they are not the kind of destinations you can compare.

Does London deserve its place at number one? I think it does. There is certainly nowhere else in the UK that even comes close. Just my thoughts.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,721 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Cancel Vegas. Go To London........

Ya, the Chicago thing struck me as odd. No offense to anyone from Chicago, but I've never thought," hey, I want to go to Chicago this year on vacation". I'm sure it's a fine city, but I've never thought of it as a vacation destination. Again, no offense because maybe there's something there I don't know about. Of course, I really don't have much desire to go to NY either, so this could all just be my own personal issue.

8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cancel Vegas. Go To London........

Vurda, one of the things that makes London so wonderful are the 'people from other countries'. We call it multiculturalism, it's great.

10. Re: Cancel Vegas. Go To London........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 May 2012, 21:05