We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who has hired a Ford Mustang or similar out of Vegas?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
164 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Who has hired a Ford Mustang or similar out of Vegas?

I'm off to Vegas in August and desperately wanted a Ford Mustang for my stay. Without paying over the odds to be guaranteed a Mustang I have booked my rental through Argus who when booking stated I'd get a Ford Mustang or similar. Now that the voucher has come through from Alamo it states Chrysley Sebring or similar.

I have tried calling Alamo but I get the standard response that they can't guarantee what car you will get and I appreciate that. I'd just rather have a booking that states Mustang or similar and was wondering which rental companies stocked the most Mustangs?

Obviously it's a bit of a gamble regardless but I'd rather shorten my odds by booking with the company with the most Mustangs in stock.

Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who has hired a Ford Mustang or similar out of Vegas?

I think hertz gives you the option of reserving a particular model, when it comes to cars like mustangs.

Worth a look...

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who has hired a Ford Mustang or similar out of Vegas?

Yeah I checked with Hertz and they can guarantee a Mustang but unfortunately their rate is double what I'm paying now. My current booking is £185 ($300) for the 5 nights but with Hertz a Mustang is £330 ($535).

Lancashire
Level Contributor
290 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who has hired a Ford Mustang or similar out of Vegas?

Cona - the only way to guarantee a Mustang is to pay that Mustang price I'm afraid.

If Alamo don't have one when you go to pick up your rental then you'll be SOOL.

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who has hired a Ford Mustang or similar out of Vegas?

Hi

We didnt book one but was offered one (free upgrade) at LAS but we were returning to LAX so we didnt want it, too much luggage in a small car. Took what we had booked a full size, I think that was with Dollar. So they are about.

Clive

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,790 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who has hired a Ford Mustang or similar out of Vegas?

Remember that you're going from cold, damp Wolverhampton to a desert. You'll have the roof up and the AC on through the day.

If you don't you'll cook!

6. Re: Who has hired a Ford Mustang or similar out of Vegas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 June 2012, 11:05
Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Who has hired a Ford Mustang or similar out of Vegas?

Much will depend on when you are traveling and what day you are arriving. I have booked through Dollar and Alamo, and was offered a Mustang both times, once a freebie, once for additional $$. Great looking car, but suitcases (2) had to be stuffed in back seat due to lack of trunk room.

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Who has hired a Ford Mustang or similar out of Vegas?

Think I've cracked it, googled coupon code for Hertz and can book direct with them for £240. Mikey you never been to Wolverhampton? it's scorching down here in Costa Del Wolvo ;-)

Baily, check you messages..

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,790 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Who has hired a Ford Mustang or similar out of Vegas?

Sadly I have been to Wolverhampton :))

A mate of mine lived in Tettenhall. I don't remember ever needing sun tan lotion ;)

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Who has hired a Ford Mustang or similar out of Vegas?

Lol, Tettenhall is actually the nice part of Wolverhampton too!. Wolverhampton wasn't voted the 5th worst city on earth by Lonely Planet for no good reason I guess, roll on Vegas Baby!