We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Celine Dion- Is she worth seeing?

Toronto
Level Contributor
337 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Celine Dion- Is she worth seeing?

Hi All;

Going to Vegas this summer.. What show is worth seeing? Celine Dion -A New Day? Cirque du Soleil O or Jerry Seinfeld is playing during the first wk. of August.

Pls. advise--Thanks.

Ciao,

Signorina.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
590 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Celine Dion- Is she worth seeing?

if you are a fan than absolutely...we took my mom and dad and they loved it!!

otherwise(like me) you may think it was just ok...the dancing was cool!

she sings and talks alot!!

jbd

SoCal
Level Contributor
457 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Celine Dion- Is she worth seeing?

I'm not a huge CD fan, but saw her a couple years ago and really enjoyed it. Yes, it's worth it -- she puts on a very professional, highly produced show and she gives it 100%. If you like her/her music at all you won't be disappointed.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Celine Dion- Is she worth seeing?

Seinfeld is at Caesars on August 4th & 5th.

Celine isn't appearing at that time.

new york
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Celine Dion- Is she worth seeing?

blagger....Seinfeld has not changed his act in 15 years...spend money see something else..

Celeine Dion would be worth seeing I think, but alas it is only a dream, My husband said even if the tickets were free and I gave him permission to pick up any girl in vegas he will never never nver see the "french frog" (yes I know she is canadian) ever!

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Celine Dion- Is she worth seeing?

Celine is fabulous. Wasn't a fan till I saw her live. She is VERY grateful for her success & expresses that in her show & the way she lives here in Vegas.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Celine Dion- Is she worth seeing?

pmleich, I agree with you regarding Seinfeld. You'd have to pay me plenty to watch him.

I was just answering the original question.

Okie
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Celine Dion- Is she worth seeing?

Seinfeld or Celine..easy choice gotta go w/ Jerry

and btw..thinking Celine hasn't changed her act in 15 years either since that was when she had her last hit

Delaware
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Celine Dion- Is she worth seeing?

Ironic how one of Celine's first hits was "I'm everything I am because you loved me". Fitting for a young girl who fell in love with her much older record producer!

I think you can tell what I think of her as a musician...so no, don't spend your money!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
654 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Celine Dion- Is she worth seeing?

Okie, well you be thinking wrong.

Singers only within the last four years have incorporated "cirque" effects into shows.

You can watch Jerry about 24 hrs a day on TV.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Celine Dion- Is she worth seeing?

I'll be up-front about this- I'm not a big Celine or Seinfeld fan, but honestly I think O would be mye recommendation to anyone unless they are huge CD or JF fans. O is incredible! You won't/can't see another show like because the theater was especially designed for it. With 4 Cirque shows currently playing and other on the way, it's become a very Vegas experience to see a Cirque performance.