We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls' trip-early 30's-Is The Bellagio too subdued?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Girls' trip-early 30's-Is The Bellagio too subdued?

Hi all,

I've been to Vegas 6 times in 9 years, so I pretty much have a gist of the place overall. I have stayed at Mandalay Bay, MGM Signature, HRH Towers, etc.

I'm trying to plan a girls' trip of 4. We are all in our early thirties. We are an energetic and fun bunch. We definitely want to go to the lounges, bars, and the pool parties. I was looking for a somewhat lively & nice pool atmosphere and a fun vibe overall for the hotel. I definitely didn't want a hotel with a too young-frat boy crowd..

I was looking at the MGM Grand or the Mirage to meet our needs & budget with 2 people sharing a room. However, my friend saw a deal for the Bellagio where if 4 of us split the room, we would get it for the same price as the MGM Grand/Mirage. My friend really wants to stay at the Bellagio.

I'm a bit iffy on 4 women sharing a room. I like to have space, but the bigger issue is that I'm worried that The Bellagio has a bit of a subdued atmosphere for my taste & perhaps an older crowd than what I'm looking for. I know it's a gorgeous hotel with wonderful service, but when I'm think "Lively hotel with an energetic atmosphere", The Bellagio doesn't come to mind.

Also, I was a bit shocked that their rooms aren't nothing to write home about. For the Bellagio, I thought they would have awesome rooms. They seem a bit worn & even the renovated rooms don't have as much of the amenities as the other hotels I've stayed in. I already told my friend that I want to stay in the Resort Deluxe Queen instead of the Resort Queen.

So I really need feedback and opinions on this as we are looking to book our trip by tomorrow. Should we stick to the Bellagio or go with Mirage or MGM. I haven't been to The Bellagio in 2 years. So has the vibe changed?

Thanks!

England
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls' trip-early 30's-Is The Bellagio too subdued?

There are people there of all ages but it's not one of your livlier hotels. I would stay elsewhere for what you want or you could split your stay between hotels if you are there for a week.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
804 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls' trip-early 30's-Is The Bellagio too subdued?

I don't think it is too subdued. You will see all ages there. The remodeled rooms are very nice but personally I wouldn't want to share it with 3 other women. Have you looked at Venetian/Palazzo? Their rooms are all suites and may give you more room. Lots of restaurants and bars, nightclubs, and pools. You may want to look at Cosmo but it will be more expensive.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
6,023 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls' trip-early 30's-Is The Bellagio too subdued?

Much better to have two rooms and two bathrooms. I would pick a different hotel unless you get a lake view room.

kansas
Level Contributor
962 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls' trip-early 30's-Is The Bellagio too subdued?

I love Bellagio, but it is not what I consider a lively hotel/pool scene. I would try another hotel--Mirage would be good with 2 connecting rooms so you could be together, but have 2 bathrooms would be my choice.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls' trip-early 30's-Is The Bellagio too subdued?

I’ve stayed at the Bellagio and as you have noticed, the rooms are nothing to write home about. The pool is beautiful but not what I would classify as a party type pool. The lounge and bar selection as great and you can’t beat the location.

I would think that Wynn/Encore maybe what you are looking for if you want to spend some extra $ but really, Mirage would be the perfect choice.

That being said, I haven’t stayed at Mirage in years but from what I remember it was perfect for the early 30’s crowd.

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Girls' trip-early 30's-Is The Bellagio too subdued?

I am with you on the fact that I would not want to be sharing the room with three other ladies. I have always wanted to stay at the Bellagio too, but cost and logistics have always put us elsewhere.

We are booked for our 3rd trip in the last 10 months at the Mirage. Hubby and I are in our early 30's and enjoy the location and the smaller property. We love the tropical pool setting, although be warned that loungers fill up quickly. Rhumbar is one of our favourite places to grab a drink outside and watch the world go by.

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Girls' trip-early 30's-Is The Bellagio too subdued?

>> I was looking at the MGM Grand or the Mirage to meet our needs & budget with 2 people sharing a room. However, my friend saw a deal for the Bellagio where if 4 of us split the room, we would get it for the same price as the MGM Grand/Mirage. My friend really wants to stay at the Bellagio.

Hell no. Ignoring everything else, you aren't staying 4 to a room. Period.

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
973 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Girls' trip-early 30's-Is The Bellagio too subdued?

4 to a room, like everyone has said, is not going to be fun. No matter how well you know one another. 1 bathroom= 1 toilet, 1 shower, not much counter space etc.

Bellagio is a beautiful hotel. I have never stayed there. Only walked through, ate, gambled etc...but it gives me a "sleepy" vibe. Although I have seen people of all ages there...to me, it just feels like my Mom's hotel. But, that may just be me.

If you guys are on a budget...Have you checked out the Tropicana? Newly renovated rooms, great pool, close to MGM who has great restaurants etc. Close to City Center and Cosmo...which I am sure you guys would love.

Just an idea.

Queensbury, NY
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Girls' trip-early 30's-Is The Bellagio too subdued?

I couldn't stomach sharing with 3 other people. I know the pool is nothing to write home about, but have you considered Planet hollywood? It has a great vibe, and you could always go to Caesar's pools for a livelier scene.

Canada
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Girls' trip-early 30's-Is The Bellagio too subdued?

As much as I love the Bellagio, I wouldn't want to share a room there with three other women. One bathroom, four women...no thank you.

If you can't afford two rooms at the Bellagio then I'd stick with two rooms at the MGM. The newly renovated rooms are nice there, the dining/entertainment options are numerous and the pool area is wonderful with it's multiple pools and lazy river.

Check out www.smartervegas.com for the latest hotel promos...maybe you will be able to afford two rooms at the Bellagio after all! :)