We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegas and...?

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
78 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Vegas and...?

Hi guys, nit sure if this is the right place to post this, apologies if not! Me and my fiancé are getting married in July 2013 and would like to come to Vegas for 3/4 nights on our honeymoon, then onto somewhere 'beachy' for about 7-10 nights. Could anyone recommend somewhere within a reasonable flight time (a few hours ideally but can be more for somewhere amazing!). We were thinking of Hawaii but think it's too far then to fly back. We would like an all inclusive, luxury (ish!) resort where we can chill and relax in the sunshine! Not bothered about doing any excursions etc as we will be doing activities and sight seeing in vegas. We are aware we are coming into the rainy season in the caribbean! Thanks in advance!

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,547 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,006 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
80 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegas and...?

Cancun? Some nice places down there and lots of all inclusive places. Hawaii is nice but I don't think they really have an all inclusive places.

Congrats on your wedding!

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,684 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegas and...?

There is always the Dominican Republic or Cuba, but am unsure if planes go to Cuba from USA. D R might have some good deals as it is the low season,but go for a top rated hotel if you do.

If you are lucky ( unlucky)you might get to see the big wind!!!

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
973 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegas and...?

I'd go to Cabo San Lucas. It's close to Las Vegas (about a 2 hour flight) and it's gorgeous. Been traveling to Cabo for about 8 years. We try other destinations and always go back "home." Join us over at the Cabo board here on TA ;)

Edited: 21 May 2012, 00:17
Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
608 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegas and...?

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, is another good choice. Its more of a jungle place than Cabo, which is desert. There are a number of all inclusives, but there are so many good restaurants that you don't need one.

No flights to Cuba from the US due to our immature political status.

Washington State
Level Contributor
852 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegas and...?

I second Puerto Vallarta. I love it there. We have been going for years. Lots of very nice places to do the all inclusive thing.

I haven't been to the Caribbean side but i know the water there is much cleaner looking. White sandy beaches, ect.

What do you want to do there? Just relax around the resort or do activities? Check the other TA forum boards for more info on the Mexican Beaches.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

Cheers!

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
78 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vegas and...?

Thanks for all the suggestions, will look into them!

Texas
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Vegas and...?

I would go to the "beachy" place first and save Vegas for last. In my opinion all other vacation destinations pale by comparison right after you've been to Vegas.

Edited: 22 May 2012, 15:04
8. Re: Vegas and...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 07:41