We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should we stay in Las Vegas?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
10 posts
Save Topic
Where should we stay in Las Vegas?

My husband and I are going to Vegas for the first time and we have no idea where we should stay. We want to stay on the strip for sure. We are booking our trip through Allegiant Air and we have narrowed it down to a few hotels that are in our price range.

The least expensive choice is Tropicana (I heard they have did a huge remodel)

MGM

MIRAGE

MONTE CARLO

NEW YORK NEW YORK

We are both in a our mid 20's. We are looking for a laid back atmosphere...We are not into the club scene or partying. We are interested in shopping, gambling a little bit, going to a couple shows and having a few drinks. I know we won't be spending a whole bunch of time in our room but we still want something nice as we are celebrating our anniversary and want to spend time together.

Where would you suggest we stay???

Texas
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where should we stay in Las Vegas?

First time visitors? From that list I'd lean a little toward the Mirage.

(MGM is just too frickin' big)

Edited: 20 May 2012, 21:58
Fort Frances, Canada
Level Contributor
471 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where should we stay in Las Vegas?

I just stayed at Tropicana, the room was quite nice. The staff was great.

California
Level Contributor
610 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where should we stay in Las Vegas?

MGM and Mirage are good choices. they are in a great location. both are in the middle of the strip.

Portland, Oregon
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where should we stay in Las Vegas?

Yes, this is our first time to Las Vegas :) We are just so lost at where to stay....There are so many options!!!

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where should we stay in Las Vegas?

Mirage is the nicest of those four. MGM Grand has the best pools. We're staying at MGM Grand our next visit, but I'd consider it a bit on the south end. Mirage is the most central. But none of those are in a bad location, and I'm sure you'll walk though all of them regardless of where you stay.

Portland, Oregon
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where should we stay in Las Vegas?

Also we are going in Nov. Is it warm enough to use the pools that time of year?

Texas
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where should we stay in Las Vegas?

Pink...if you could just stretch that budget out a little I sure would like to reccomend the Bellagio to you. Dead center of the Strip and in my opinion the heart of Las Vegas. From your description of yourselves and what you're looking for in Vegas, the Bellagio would be perfect.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,210 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where should we stay in Las Vegas?

I recommend MGM. Use monorail for travel up down strip. Ask to stay on 4 th floor. Don't have to wait long for elevator. Nice hotel not that big lots of restaurants and good food court. Easy to get out to the Strip and close to other places,just read the signs

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
5,448 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where should we stay in Las Vegas?

I would go with Mirage out of your choices. I like that location the best of your selections. You may want to look at Ballys also if a few bucks makes a difference. Actually, a bunch of bucks. I enjoyed it last trip and very good location. You will have a great time no matter which one you stay at and it will be a learning experience.

Benbrook, Texas
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where should we stay in Las Vegas?

I would choose the Mirage. I stayed at the Tropicana last year - they did do a good job on the remodel - but the Mirage is a nicer property with better restaurants and bars and is in a better location. You are close to TI, Caesars, and Venetian/Palazzo.