We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay away from the MGM Grande!

Save Topic
Stay away from the MGM Grande!

I am NOT a fan of the MGM. Despite staying at this hotel many times, having my staff book rooms here over the years, my current stay is horrible. The hotel is under construction, something that you won't learn about until you are here. This morning, I had to put up with horrible construction noise while trying to be on a conference call. After returning from the convention, I find out the water has been shut off and will be off for for 4 more hours. Because of this housekeeping can't service the room! A call to the Front Desk was met with a, "We are sorry but there isn't anything we can do.". The manager offered to change my room, but then told me the the new room would also be subject construction noise, AND it would not be ready for another 1-3 hours! Really? My suggestion is to book elsewhere until the learn the meaning of guest service. As for me, neither I, nor my friends and family will be staying here again.

DaShores
Level Contributor
785 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay away from the MGM Grande!

surely for all of this you could expect a credit equal to resort fees!!!

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay away from the MGM Grande!

I totally agree. MGM Grand is fine but definitely stay away from MGM "Grande"... :-)

How was the rest of your trip?

Seattle
Level Contributor
237 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay away from the MGM Grande!

Sorry for your misfortune at the MGM.

When I stayed at the Mirage during construction we were waken by jack hammers at 7 am. I called down to front desk and asked for a renovation discount. We were moved to a quieter room and were offered two comped nights.

Hopefully you were offered some compensation for you inconvenience.

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,727 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stay away from the MGM Grande!

If you came here before you left, you would have known about the renovation and went with proper expectations.

Benbrook, Texas
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stay away from the MGM Grande!

With the renovations, sounds like they are getting a new name and a new theme.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stay away from the MGM Grande!

Welcome to the Trip Advisor Las Vegas forum. Thank you for your feedback on the MGM Grand. I am lucky that Las Vegas is no longer a viable destination for work related conferences. How many days did you stay at the MGM? Do you know what was creating the construction noise? If it was coming from outside, I would imagine that there would be other wings in the hotel that would be less noisy than what you experienced.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stay away from the MGM Grande!

You should fire your staff.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,715 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Stay away from the MGM Grande!

Sorry, you have to endure the construction. Not my idea of a good stay either and hopefully you will be compensated for your trouble....

"The hotel is under construction, something that you won't learn about until you are here"

You may have found out about it before your trip if you did some research first. I believe it's been mentioned on here a few times and the info is available elsewhere.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
949 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stay away from the MGM Grande!

We will be staying there at the end of June. Sounds like I'm going to have to drink even more than usual to sleep.

Benbrook, Texas
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stay away from the MGM Grande!

What did you do to your staff to p*ss them off?