We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre Vegas Stress

Chicago
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pre Vegas Stress

I am debating with myself on whether to forget my diet and eat however I want. I feel like having as few drinks on the plane and eating whatever I wan. . I however have woked so hard to lose 70 pounds I hate to gain 5 back. This is stressing me. Anyone else feel the same way? I have awesome food plans at Botero, STK, Comme Ca, Pink Taco and Simon form sinday brunch. I feel guilty now.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,554 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre Vegas Stress

Go for it, enjoy yourself, Life is way too short.

Im one of those lucky people where I can eat anything I want and never gain an ounce.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
336 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre Vegas Stress

Hey, what's 5lbs? You can knock that off in a couple workouts! Go for it, and have fun! Like the poster above stated, "life is too short!"

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre Vegas Stress

If you're worried about guilt then probably best to avoid a "sinday" brunch!

Aren't vacations about doing the fun stuff that you enjoy? Eat what you like and worry about losing the pounds once you're home... :-)

Chicago
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre Vegas Stress

Dice man you are quite luck. I was wearing size 50 pants about a year ago and now size 40. Lots of work to do still. I however love steak and Alcohol. I am so excited and can't wait to check into the Cosmo

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,684 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pre Vegas Stress

I would have what you want , with out going mad about it.( watch your mixers , be sure they are low cal) I think you will then come home from your break refreshed ready to march on with your diet. There has to be a little lee way somewhere or it can be to much of a bore.

England, United...
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pre Vegas Stress

You'll probably do a lot more walking in Vegas than you think, which will help burn off some of the 'indulgence' calories. Besides, losing 5lb will be a cinch for someone who has lost 70lbs!

Michigan
Level Contributor
7,117 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pre Vegas Stress

Enjoy your vacation just be sure to get back on your program when you return home. You will be fine.

trntn, mi
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Pre Vegas Stress

Congratulations! You have been fighting a VERY hard battle. Do reward yourself. Just don't go completely crazy. Have a plan for your return so you can stay with your program. Do not beat yourself up if you come back with a few extra pounds. Just get back to work. Be Happy!! and Good Luck!!! (in vegas and at home!!!)

North Bay
Level Contributor
288 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pre Vegas Stress

My advice is to balance the extra calories with some extra calorie burning. There are a lot of 'workouts' you can do in your room when you wake up that will start you off on the right foot if you don't want to hit the gym, and planning on extra walking every day will help out a lot too. Drink extra water throughout the day too :)

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Pre Vegas Stress

I eat an extremely healthy diet when I am at home- red meat -usually about once a week (small portion), at least one vegetarian meal a week, mostly skinless chicken/fish ( Omega 3 rich salmon), lots of fruits/lots of veggies (of all colors). I also am aware of portion control. I exercise for about an hour 5 to7 days a week.

However, when I am on vacation (anywhere) the healthy diet/exercise programs go right out the window. I try not to overdo it, but I eat things I wouldn't normally eat and in bigger portions. I eat dessert every day (something I don't do at home). I don't exercise. I do end up gaining some weight- how much depends on how long I am in Vegas. Does it bother me? Nope. Do I feel guilty? Nope. I know when I arrive home I will return to my usual diet and the extra weight will come off- slowly, but surely.