We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what's your range?

Detroit, Michigan...
Level Contributor
46 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
what's your range?

So exactly what is a "comfortable" ( I know everyone's pockets vary) amount to take to LV? Do you take a grand? $500 - $800? $3k. What's your range that bring for a fun time and still go home with your sanity?

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,625 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,110 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
403 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
915 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
5,113 posts
1,101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what's your range?

$1,000

Indianapolis,IN
Level Contributor
5,831 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: what's your range?

Varies depending upon my financial/income status at the time of trip. I play blackjack and have had trips where I'm at the $5 tables and other trips where I'll play at the $100 tables. It's all about economy of scale. I bet at a level where wins are thrilling and losses sting a little.

jkc
california
Level Contributor
531 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: what's your range?

1000 for gambling 4 days

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what's your range?

It depends how long we are there. We go anywhere from 4 to 14 days. I like to shop as well as gamble so depending how much stuff I want to buy I usually bring anywhere from 400 to 600 per day.

Edited: 01 June 2012, 00:05
calleefoneeya
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what's your range?

For a three night stay, with my room prepaid, I take about $1,500 cash which is mostly gambling money, tip and taxi money. I tend to charge most food and beverage. On food, and beverage, I'll generally spend about $100 to $150 a day on average pp. for 2 meals a day, maybe an appetizer or snack midday or late night and drinks. Food and beverage might be double that depending on my traveling companions--some who like to do fine dining on 2 of 3 nights. Add another $100 for show or some other activity.

So all told, not counting the room and travel to and from Vegas, on a 3 night stay, we're talking in the neighborhood of $2,000 to $2,500.

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
28,335 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: what's your range?

I dont take a bag full of cash. I do have my ATM card with me and take $$ when needed.

Many trips I dont play at all, or just bet on a few games at the book, when I do play BJ I try and limit my losses to $200-$300/day but that doesn't always work.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: what's your range?

It varies but for my trip next week (!!!) I'll probably be looking at around $1800 for 4 days of gambling. Little less than usual, but one good day at the BJ table and it won't be an issue.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: what's your range?

$500/day for 5 days = $2500

Never lost it all yet in 2X a year since 2007. Usually I come out ahead and/or break even at least a couple days and return with anywhere from $1000 - $1500 after ALL expenses. From past experience I could cut back on that number but I'd rather have it available than come up short, No way I'm gonna use an ATM away from home, Period.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
474 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what's your range?

It varies from trip to trip. As low as $180 up to $500 per day per person. We each take what we feel will make us happy for the trip. We enjoy our time in Vegas no matter what our gaming budget is. So far, no big wins. So far we have always come home with some money. That is always a good feeling :0)

Mentioned in this post
10. Re: what's your range?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 June 2012, 11:45