We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bee Gees Tribute?

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Bee Gees Tribute?

I have never been to Vegas....I love the Bee Gees..has anyone been to the Tribute Bee Gees Show..is it worth going?

Also..is there a music show dedicated to 80's music?

Thanks...

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,572 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,039 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
571 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
minnesota
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bee Gees Tribute?

Imo, Great show! worth the money, have fun!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bee Gees Tribute?

We were there last week. We bought our tickets at tix4tonite. We got general seating and paid around $68 for both tickets. The theater only holds 370 people so basically every seat is good.

I would recommend this show. My husband and I both enjoyed it! Have fun!

Seattle...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bee Gees Tribute?

rio or southpoint??? can t make up my mind. We have a car and dont plan on gambling much just hanging out by pool

Ontario
Level Contributor
557 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bee Gees Tribute?

Saw this show in April; we also purchased tickets at tix4tonite....at that price, worth it, but wouldn't have been at full price imo.

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
6,328 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bee Gees Tribute?

Saw the show in May. Enjoyed the show but wish they would have concentrated more on their early music. Im in my sixties so I like the older music and they spent more time on their later music. Hope this helps. Have fun.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
2,823 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bee Gees Tribute?

If you want to save time by not waiting in line at tix4tonite, Goldstar.com has will call tickets available - preferred seating plus service fee runs about $73 for two people. The cheaper seats are also available at that site. I really enjoyed the show...our preferred seats were in the front row, and we purchased through goldstar.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,960 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bee Gees Tribute?

I have not been. My wife went with one of her girlfriends once, said it was terrible, and refuses to go again. And she is huge Bee Gee fan.

Mass
Level Contributor
1,822 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bee Gees Tribute?

I have been afraid to go to tell you the truth. Same with all the Beatles, Rat Pack and Red Skelton shows. I am such a big fan I would be comparing the singing to the albums that I have been listening to for 40 years and it just wouldn't be good enough for me. I am not an impersonator person. Even Manilow and Elton can't sing the way they use to in person.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,960 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bee Gees Tribute?

@Greene: FYI: Peace Frog, the Doors Tribute Band, sounds almost as good as the original. Close your eyes, and you will think it is Jim Morrison. Although Jim isn't even worm food anymore, and he wouldn't sound so good!!

Most of my music idols are now 60 + years old, and they can't sing like they did in the old days. So a good tribute band could be better than the old farts.

The Coasters were very good. The Platters too.

I saw the real Bee Gees about 10 years ago in L.A., and they weren't the same as the Bee Gees of the 60s and 70s. I'd love to go see a GOOD tribute band, but my wife says that this tribute stinks.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
456 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Bee Gees Tribute?

The Bee Gees are my favourite band of all time so I was a bit nervous about going to see this show last year. The singing isn't great and the accents that they try to put on are just stupid. The interplay between the brothers was funny (especially Mo) but when these guys mimicked it exactly as the Bee Gees did in One Night Only, it didn't work at all and, by the third time, it began to get annoying.

As I think tjp was trying to say, they concentrate mainly on the "fever" catalogue as you would expect and they base the format on the MGM Grand show in 1997. Don't expect anything much from beyond the early 80's although the exception to that would be Alone from the set we saw.

The worst thing about the show was them pretending to be the Bee Gees. If they had come on and explained that they were big fans, loved the music and wanted to share that with everyone, all well and good but they introduce themselves as Barry, Maurice and Robin and that didn't work for me at all. We went to see A Kind of Magic a few years ago and the Freddie Mercury impersonator introduced himself as an homage and it bought him a lot of goodwill and he was considerably better than these three.

Avoid at all costs. Really poor effort.